“Comfortable with good pub grub”
Review of The White Swan Inn

The White Swan Inn
Ranked #26 of 57 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: European, Contemporary, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Situated just outside Arundel, in beautiful West Sussex countryside, The White Swan is a traditional and charming 4-star inn with free Wi-Fi. The building features flagstone floors with low ceilings and dark oak beams.Serving traditional British cuisine and fresh local produce, the White Swan Restaurant features exposed beams and open fires. Daily specials and a range of breakfasts are also available, and the cosy bar offers real ales and snacks.Just 5 minutes’ drive from Arundel centre, with its 12th-century castle and pretty streets by the river. White Swan inn is a 15-minute drive from Chichester and Goodwood Circuit. Situated on the A27 road, the inn is a 40-minute drive from both Portsmouth and Brighton.
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Visited this traditional style country pub/restaurant with the family for Sunday lunch in between Christmas and New Year. I was quite surprised that we didn't need to make a reservation as the carvery was in full swing, but there were plenty of tables to choose from in the bar area. I had a cheese ploughmans and hubby had a steak and onion hot sandwich (which came with a heap of chips). Both were nicely presented with plenty on the plate. You can't go much wrong with a ploughmans, but the selection of cheeses was nice and the pickles were lovely. I noticed they do Doombar bitter, which is one of my favourites. Thumbs up for this place - would definitely visit again.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

8 of us went for lunch after a morning at the Wetlands.
The pulled pork, onion and bbq sauce baps with chips were tasty and well presented, as was the steak bap. The carrot and coriander soup was enjoyed by granddaughter and the ploughmans lunches looked good. The service was excellent and the Americans loved the pub.

I'd said to my daughter-in-law that meals were not as big in the UK as in USA ...... they were!

Reviewed December 4, 2013

I had a sandwich here with a client and good friend. Very relaxed and friendly feel to the place and a good log fire (everything that's good about an English pub), we could have eaten from their specials or their main menu as lots of choice, but refrained as it was only lunchtime. I have eaten here before, always good service and good food. Would definitely go here again

Reviewed October 18, 2013

A good few years ago we had a fabulous meal here on our way to the airport, we usually take a leisurely drive along the south from Dorset if we have a later flight. I found the menu not quite my favourite as I have fairly limited palate so I chose a bacon and brie sandwich which was very tasty, What ever happened to "the sandwich"? nowadays it seems to come with so many trimmings, far more than I want to eat.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Had dinner here in June. Very large pub/restaurant/hotel with a stylish interior and a nice atmosphere. They served a tasty steak and Arundel ale pie.