“Great Coffee - Nice People”
Review of Gaskyns

Gaskyns
Ranked #39 of 58 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Gaskyns is a family run licenced cafe. We pride ourselves in our homemade cakes and dishes and the quality of the ingredients which we use, many of which are locally sourced. We have easy access for pushchairs and wheelchairs as well as baby changing facilities, high chairs and toddler chairs. Wi-fi is also availiable and well behaved dogs are also permitted. Many of our menu items and cakes are available to all as we have many vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available. We can also do smaller portions for children.
Reviewed August 10, 2016

This is a lovely spot in Arundel where you can find peace and tranquillity plus great coffee, nice cakes, superb local sorbet plus a interesting health conscious mini-market and only a stones throw from the centre. You can even get pretty good lunches and snacks from a comprehensive menu as well as a varied All Day Breakfast. It's always less busy than many of the other coffee shops and café's in town and there is also a selection of art and gifts for sale. I feel almost reluctant to tell too many people that Gaskyns is here!

Reviewed July 21, 2016

Visited this cafe last week. Good food with vegan options. When we visited the vegan cake was being baked.

Reviewed June 27, 2016

Nice menu, not sure about the Guest coffee, but comfortable place to eat. Service was prompt and all round a good menu.

Reviewed June 24, 2016

Wot no chicken!

Opted for their all-day breakfast that @ £8.95 was, I thought, a tad too expensive but possibly reflects the catchment area and the tourist hotspot though on the day of my visit not exactly mobbed.

Now the breakfast, for me, was a bit odd, or at least part of it was.

Having had an Irish Mother I was brought up on black and white pudding that each have distinct flavours and textures.

The one solitary sample I was given tasted strangely synthetic.

Might, I wondered have the soldiers at nearby Arundel Castle always marched in single file as there was a single rasher of bacon and a single sausage each with its own locally-sourced taste.

For the price, I think they could have been two abreast or is that just me missing the chicken?

Charming young woman serving.

1  Thank frankieDorking
Reviewed June 1, 2016

Sunday late morning brunch stop with family and friends. Nice happy place with good atmosphere and interesting decor, very eco friendly. Foiod was simple breakfast fare but just what we wanted and well prepared with good ingredients. Service was very slow though, and didnt seem that busy?