“Great breakfast”

Ranked #39 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Gaskyns is a family run shop and licenced cafe. We pride ourselves in our homemade cakes and dishes and the quality of the ingredients which we use, many of which are locally sourced. We have easy access for pushchairs and wheelchairs as well as baby changing facilities, high chairs, toddler chairs and toys for children. Wi-fi is also availiable and well behaved dogs are also permitted. Many of our menu items and cakes are available to all as we have many vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options available. We can also do smaller portions for children.
Reviewed October 16, 2013

On our trip Arundel as we were looking for something to eat, we chanced upon Gaskyns and popped in for a lovely breakfast. Staff were very friendly and the free wifi was much needed. Would recommend the place for a spot of lunch or breakfast.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Light and airy cafe with a small outside courtyard. We both had Tea and a slice of Cake. The Cakes were some of the best we have tasted. The Waitress was very pleasant. When visiting Arundel we will definitely visit Gaskyns again.

CharlyGaskyns, Owner at Gaskyns, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

Thank you very much for your feedback, hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Whether you be on your own, a couple or a family, you are made to feel very welcome in Gaskyns. The food is freshly prepared, lots of variety and excellent coffee. There are toys for your children to play with whilst the grown ups talk, and a garden to sit out in when the sun shines. Gaskyns is always my first choice in Arundel

Reviewed July 3, 2013

I am writing a review as each time we've been to Gaskyns the food has been consistently good. From the oozingly delicious grilled goats cheese on ciabatta with salad to the exceedingly generous sized smoked mackerel, which was a joy to eat as it was beautifully fresh, moist and so tasty.
If you want 'Home' cooked food that's fresh, locally sourced and 'good wholesome grub', you must try it! It also has a wonderful variety of delicious cakes [home-made] and ice creams. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and they also cater for gluten free diets which was a real bonus for my daughter. A real find and good grub, I'd thoroughly recommend it to anyone whether just for a coffee break or lunch/tea break. Lovely to see such a mix of people enjoying themselves in there.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Had lunch with my girlfriend and will definitely not be returning. Having ordered my lunch (Welsh Rarebit) I had to wait for about an hour for the food to arrive. I had asked twice when the food was coming and was reassured on both occasions that it was just coming. After an hour we were just getting up to leave and the waitress brought the food. With hindsight I wish that I had left before the food arrived as it was dreadful. A thick gloomy mess is all I can describe it as! To make matters worse there weren't many customers in he establishment so I can understand why it could have taken that long and in the end it was the worst Rarebit Ive ever eaten.

2  Thank 813LegalEagle813
CharlyGaskyns, Owner at Gaskyns, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2013

This review is an outright lie. The customer actually asked our waitress to hold their food order as they were not yet ready to eat. When they did tell the waitress that they wanted the food the waitress then informed the kitchen and the dish came out 14 minutes later which I am happy with as we cook our dishes from fresh.

They then complained that they did not like the dish and that it was horrible and that it just tasted of Worcester Sauce. All of the food on the plate had been eaten and a very large puddle of Worcester Sauce was left on the plate. I then asked the waitress who had served them what had occured and she told me that the customers had asked for Worcester Sauce which we make available to our customers.

Troublemakers!