Review Highlights
Has to be on your visit list!

Reviewed yesterday
Malcolm H
Colchester, United Kingdom
review of Arundel Castle

Reviewed 2 days ago
Gina A
Charlotte, North Carolina

2,681 results
All reviews arundel castle gold plus ticket gift aid coffee shop stately home well worth a visit gardens are lovely fitzalan chapel rose garden tulip festival water features open to the public enjoyable visit entrance fee cake car park sunny day
Reviewed yesterday

I have to admit I was sceptical when presented with an entry fee in excess of £20 per head! Arundel Castle is still in the hands of folks to whom it was bequested after 1066 and all that and I admit to being a 'non-elitist' by nature. However, I was persuaded by my wife and daughter to go with the flow. The gardens are quite something I have to say. I particularly loved the use of timber to replace what would normally be rock or stone. The water features are amazing with the 'crown' feature really something (I'm saying no more so as not to spoil it). There is much of interest to see - even to a non-gardener like me! The condition of the castle and keep is unreal! Extremely well cared for by a band of volunteers and (I understand) a few retained workers. Plenty of oil paintings (if that's your thing - not mine! Although evidence of inbreeding? Oh yessss!), armour and such like, but interesting places to explore and great views all round. Very good cafe and coffee bar. All in all a very absorbing and worthwhile place to visit. Vast in scale and steeped in interest. Yu could easily spend all day within the walls. Don;t forget youor camera!

1  Thank Malcolm H
Reviewed 2 days ago

The village of Arundel is beautiful and the castle is wonderful too. There are alot of really good restaurants in town, Pappardelle is a good one.

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

Arundel castle & gardens was a lovely day out. The castle is impressive and the gardens are immaculate. I would advise allocating a decent amount of time to the gardens, maybe 90 minutes, as there are so many and well worth a long walk through. The cafe inside the castle had great cakes.

1  Thank Michael W
Reviewed 1 week ago

The castle and gardens are really worth a full day of visit. Beautifully kept, they make for a relaxing stroll and interesting stories. Take advantage and ask questions about the castle/garden/surroundings to the guides/curators in every room. They were very happy to indulge us with detailed and interesting explanations about everything! It made the visit a lot more pleasant and memorable.

1  Thank theworldismyown
Reviewed 1 week ago

Gardens are wonderful, even in September. Castle is beautiful, and I even walked up the keep (I'm 67 yo and not in the best of shape). So worth the price of admission. Before we started our tours, we ate in the cafeteria, where my husband had pie and pie (see pics). We saw some of the same personnel at a variety of places, which made it seem as they were well knowledged about the whole castle and grounds. This is so massive and beautiful, it may have been our favorite, My husband said he couldn't imagine spending 4 hours anywhere (recommended time), but we did!

1  Thank Barbara M
Reviewed 1 week ago

We visited on the 27th October just as the season was coming to an end and expected it to not be the full on experience you would get mid season. We couldn’t have been more wrong! The gardens were still beautiful and lots going on with planting of bulbs ready for the spring. Everything looked beautiful in all the autumn colours.
The staff inside the castle welcomed questions with enthusiasm and were full of knowledge about the castle history and surrounding areas.
The restaurant had the most amazing cakes and we warmed ourselves up by the log fire. It also did a wide range of hot food.
We bought the top package tickets which were well worth the money as took us about 4 hours to do the whole tour.

1  Thank Paula B
Reviewed 1 week ago

A lot of stairs to climb, often very steep and narrow.
Well worth the money; we will be back as we only saw a small part in the days visit.
Room guides were excellent and their knowledge was very good. Plus they rotated rooms so they really do know what they are talking about.
Food ok'ish and priced as you would expect.
Toilets were very good.

1  Thank Richard K
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a beautiful castle in a stunning setting. I thoroughly enjoyed my visit to Arundel Castle and its gorgeous gardens. I was very happy to stroll around and see the sights at my leisure and, as it was October, I managed to avoid large crowds of visitors, which was great. I spoke to at least five guides during my visit, each one was friendly and welcoming and they all seemed to have a tremendous fondness for the castle, which was delightful.
The staff members working in the gift shop and cafe were also lovely.
I like the fact I got a voucher to spend, as I'd paid the Gift Aid price for my ticket. A cup of tea and a slice of delicious coffee and walnut cake only ended up costing about £1.50- bargain!
A fabulous day out and I'd love to return!

1  Thank LeFronk79
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My wife and I made a special trip to Arundel so that we could visit the castle.
We were both very impressed with the look and the way that the place is kept.
Lovely grounds and gardens.
Very helpful staff who are knowledgeable and friendly.

1  Thank Joe D
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Saw this castle on a travel programme years ago and decided to pop in on the way to Brighton. Well worth the wait; spent about 2 hours wandering around enjoying the views etc. The staff on duty do a great job, they were both friendly and informative.

1  Thank Mendiptf