“Good honest food”

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed March 19, 2013

Whenever I eat at La Campania, whether alone, with a friend or my family, I can expect the food to be of a consistently good standard, freshly prepared and cooked for me personally. It's not a fast food chain so when I go there I am there to relax , receive attentive but not intrusive service and to eat delicious Italian rustic cooking. The set menu on weekday lunchtimes is always tasty and good value. You'll need to book at the weekends. Don't be shy to ask for changes to ingredients or to ask Nick, the proprietor, to make a special dish. I shall be there again on 21st March with 3 friends for their Manhattan Mood evening.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

In Arundel you are spoilt for choice in terms of independent restaurants, I have been to La Campania plenty of times being a local and I've always been pleasantly surprised. After my latest trip with my 5 girl friends this weekend I just have to rave to the world about it, its definately my new favourite in the area. We were welcomed by a very lovely young girl who was sweet and considerate of our every need. This time I went for the chicken with mushroom dish. It was perfect, I love that the chicken breast is served on the bone as it gives a kind of rustic feel. The dauphinoise potatoes and spinach that came with all our chicken dishes is such a brilliant idea. My fussy friend even had no complaints, massive surprise! Definitely save up some pennies for a night here, even just for the eye candy to be seen in their open kitchen ;) FIVE STARS!!!!

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Once you have eaten here you just want to keep coming back. The food is of good quality and the staff are friendly and helpful. They were happy to make my food minus some ingredients due to my allergies which proves this is real "homemade" food I'd rather eat here than at the boring run of the mill, chain restaurants that are springing up in the town.
If you visit Arundel u have to visit.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Went Friday night for dinner
what can I say
Was absolutely great
good food with a great atmosphere
can't wait to do it again

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This was a party booking of approx 35 people. We had to select our menu choices well ahead of time so the chefs had plenty of time to get the food prepped. Unfortunately, (for us) the service was sooooooo slow and as no bread was served on the tables we were starving by the time the food started to arrive. We were expecting fresh veggies with the main courses but this was not to be. The exact same salad garnish that was served with the starters was now served with the main courses. How lazy of the chefs. They had plenty of time to cook fresh veg but decided that our block booking wasn't worth the effort. The food was downright average, that's being kind. For the price we paid we expected fresh bread and some decent veg with the main course. The friends I was sitting with were all disappointed and not at all satisfied with our meals. We won't be going back.

1  Thank CaroleCass