“Not sure what happened”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
West Chiltington
“Not sure what happened”
Reviewed March 14, 2013

We visited here for the first time to celebrate a friend's birthday.
Having read the reviews I was looking forward to eating here but sadly my experience was not the same as many others.
The sardine starter was inedible due to the person who attempted to de-bone them had no idea what they were doing and remove the backbone leaving all the sall ones in the fish. Every mouthful resulted in a mouthful of bone. Yuck! That was £7 wasted!
I thought I'd order Pizza as I was in an Italian Restaurant - error! It was boring, not home made and a long shot from the OK pIzzas you can get down the road in Pizza Express. So Yuck again from me.
We did drink a fair amount of wine which was nice but this was soon dampened by the bill at £110 per couple!
The service was OK but I felt it was a bit impersonal which is why I didn''t bother complaining, I thought they wouldn't really be interested.
Needless to say, I won't be rushing back there and if you want my advise, nor should you. It's not as great as you would expect from the reviews given.

• Visited March 2013
2 Thank WestChiltChap

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Good al fresco lunch”
Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I visited on a Saturday lunchtime. Lovely decor and ambience; busy but not crammed into every corner. We both had pasta dishes and a dessert. Service was a tad slow but staff very nice and doing well given number of clients. Very pleasant and could recommend. Wide menu with daily specials.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Helpful and friendly”
Reviewed February 22, 2013 via mobile

Went with a group of friends on Wednesday - one of our party was 30mins behind us but they were very patient with us despite being busy. Food was ok , service was very good - friendly staff.
I was silly enough to leave my new phone on the table when we left and they kindly stored it for me until the next day.

Worthing, United Kingdom
“A great night out”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Yet another fantastic meal at this lovely family run restaurant in beautiful Arundel. Nick and his team never fail to come up with the good.

• Visited December 2012
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A warm welcome”
Reviewed January 31, 2013

Excellent lunch time meal served by really attentive/friendly staff. I had a seafood pizza and my wife had a rissotto dolcelatte, both cooked to perfection followed by Italian ice cream. This was all washed down with a lovely Sicilian red wine. Already looking forward to my next visit.

• Visited January 2013