“Brilliant hotel!”

Comfort Inn Arundel
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Arundel
Reviewed August 25, 2013

When I stayed here I first noticed how friendly and welcoming the staff were, I had a nice meal with my partner. The rooms were verry clean, quiet and the beds were comfy, also the free parking was very convenient for us as we were traveling by car. Would definately recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jimtolling

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We paid £120 for a room via Booking.com. It was not worth half that. The room was very dusty, but the worst thing was the bathroom. It smelt strongly of urine and the floor was dirty and sticky. Totally unacceptable. There was a sign up warning guests not to try to disconnect the tv or an alarm would go off. We certainly didn't have any intention of trying to steal it.
The breakfast was horrible but at least they had pots of yoghourt so I could eat something. You can order fried eggs if you want but a sign tells you that you can't have more than two. I would be surprised if any one wanted more than one.
On a positive note, Arundel itself is beautiful and wandering around the castle was really enjoyable.

Room Tip: Try the Premier Inn down the road
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jacqueline b
Reviewed August 22, 2013

The staff were helpful and professional and friendly. Everywhere was spotless.The freshly fried eggs were perfection. The breakfast had all you could want. All was well presented. Rather have just apple and oranges new and fresh than greater selection that were getting 'past it'.The rooms were clean, airy, quiet, beds very comfortable.Excellent.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We overnighted after a family gathering in Hove. As I'd injured my foot I rang to ask if there was a room with easy access; absolutely no problem. The room turned out to be just fine; in need of a bit of a spruce up at the basin but no big deal.
We had a few drinks and also ate dinner there with grandchildren. The staff could not have been better. The food was OK!
We booked breakfast as they seemed keen to do us a deal at £5 each and £3 for the youngsters. The breakfast was excellent.
Overall a very comfortable stay and the staff were truly excellent.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Room was fit for purpose though the pillows are not. Very basic level of accommodation. Adjacent Cows have an early and noisy start at the rear rooms. Front rooms and quiet enough fine despite proximity of McDonalds and Service Stn.

Breakfast is shocking.
Eggs arrive to order eventually. Food no more than truckstop standard, and to be fair, I have had better breakfasts in many greasy spoon roadside cafeterias. No continental breakfast option. Orange juice tastes dreadful, not sure why but assume powdered orange in local water that has a strong taste. Hash browns inedible. Hot drinks pored from a flask. I had enjoyed a 4* hotel the previous night for 2/3 the price, and therefore my recommendation is:

Pay a little more and go somewhere else.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 19, 2013

I travel all over the country, and stay in sometimes 3 hotels a week. I have to say this hotel is wonderful, the staff are friendly and can't do enough for you, especially Sarah who was brilliant, nothing was too much trouble.
When I told of my hotel booking for this week, I was a little dubious when I knew it was a Comfort Inn as I immediately thought of A travel inn environment, but nothing could be further than the truth. This is a great place to stay and you will not be disappointed.
I am not a fan of buffet breakfasts, but everything is in plentiful. Ok I agree with another guest in not liking tea and coffee served from a flask but hey, I can live with that as everything else is perfect.
Just one other thing, the owner is wonderful too and does everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible !!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mfh48
Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed here in June for two night whilst attending a motorcycle rally at a campsite 200 metres up the road (I'm not a fan of camping). There was plenty of free outdoor parking though not secure the inn was located behind a petrol station and McDonald's, its near a junction of two main roads but there was not any noticeable noise, Check in was fast and friendly, room clean and comfortable it had obviously been recently decorated, bed was comfortable, bathroom was also freshly decorated and was clean. Breakfast was buffet style and there was plenty of everything and it all tasted nice. All in all I was happy and would return, but would advise advance booking as I booked at short notice and had to pay £86 per night for a twin room, talking to other guests they got a better deal by booking early. On the mornings I left the hotel there always seemed to be a Traffic jam to get out of the hotel/McDonald's/petrol station on to the main road. It didn't effect me as I was on a bike I just filtered out, but another guest told me it took him over 20 mins just to get onto the main road in his car.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arundel
Norfolk Arms Hotel
The Swan Hotel
The Swan Hotel
#1 of 7 in Arundel
Travelodge Littlehampton Rustington

Been to Comfort Inn Arundel? Share your experiences!