“Visit to Arundel Cathedral”
Review of Red Lion

Red Lion
Ranked #11 of 53 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: International, British
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: I visited this restaurant with my husband and two adult children and daughter in law. We tried to find somewhere in Arundel to have lunch at 2.30 nearly everywhere was closed. This restaurant was open. The seating was not very comfortable and to be honest it did not smell very nice, but we had already ordered our drink so it was difficult to leave! I had asked for sausages and mash (but asked if the mash was made with butter - the bar person enquired and came back and said that it was made yesterday and the person who made it was not in! so he could not say! I had chips instead. So I had sausages and chips with runner beans which were cold. The sausage were not at all hot but we waited quite a while and so I did not complain. My son and daughter in law had steak and it was full of grissle and they brought the most horrible looking large mushrooms swimming in oil which dripped over the table. My daughter had a very indifferent hamburger, We felt the whole experience was bad and a waste of money I would never go there again!!!
Eastbourne
“Visit to Arundel Cathedral”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

As both St. Mary's Gate & the Black Rabbit were closed (obviously out of season), we tried the Red Lion after the Cathedral visit. Good choice by my Chauffeuse Naomi! This Cask Marque establishment provided a warm welcome on a freezing day- London Pride Ale (always a winner) & Seafood Provencal from the 'Specials' menu filled the gap very nicely thank you. Near to car park & in the quaint town itself this is a must to complete your visit.

• Polish first
Tewkesbury, United Kingdom
“Great pub on the high street”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Very good beer and wine and food choice. Good service.
Good choice of specials on with interesting board dishes -Mediterranean English Greek etc

Would recommend it

1 Thank Thomo61
Woking, United Kingdom
“Good food and nice atmosphere”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

We were lucky to find an empty table on a busy Saturday lunch time. Although we were fairly near the door it was warm and comfortable. The food came fairly quickly and service was friendly and cheerful. There was a good choice of both hot and cold food at reasonable prices. My Husband had a fish meal called a Fishy Encounter. Served on a wooden plated with a thick slice of good bread, he had fish pate, whitebait, salmon marinaded in lime on a fennel salad and some smoke mackerel served with salad, it looked and tasted great and was a real main meal portion. I had liver and bacon with mash, liver was cooked just how I like it, the bacon was especially good and tasty and the gravy really enhanced the dish. My Daughter had a great burger which was really well presented and served with the most amazing onion rings that we have ever had, great batter and really thick rings of onion. We will definitely visit again when passing through Arundel.

1 Thank tinasue
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch”
Reviewed February 10, 2013

Have just had Sunday lunch at the Red Lion having chosen to go there based on its rating on TA. We were not disappointed, the food and service were both excellent and the atmosphere relaxed and informal. It was very busy which must be a good sign, although the wet weather was probably good for trade too. Would definitely recommend the Red Lion for value and a good choice of food.

1 Thank RobArthur56
Bedford, United Kingdom
“Busy but not too busy, nice food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

We were in Arundel for the weekend to attend a friend's party, and we met up with them in Arundel on the day after. We decided to stop off here (the locals had never eaten here!)
We first grabbed a table at the back (the only table that would fit 4), then one came free nearer the centre of the pub. Fairly comfortable seating, and good menu - being Sunday lunch had the obligatory roast dinners.
I had a lovely Butternut squash and bean casserole and swapped out the rice with vegetables which were lovely. Everyone else enjoyed their meals and I think the locals will definitely be back!
Service was friendly and the pub had a lovely relaxed feel to it

• Visited January 2013