“Tasty!”

Ranked #16 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: British
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Whether you're after a quiet drink with friends or a meal with the family, The Swan is perfect for you. Our modern styled bar is open all day 'til 11pm (later on Fridays and Saturdays, and for hotel guests), serving superb cocktails, outstanding Fuller's and Gales ales, a great range of spirits and wines, as well as soft drinks for the family. Don't forget to bring the dog too, as our bar is very pet friendly!Our restaurant serves up a great selection of pub favorites with a great deal of locally sourced produce being used, and our chefs use their creative flair with delicious daily changing specials! Food is served 12-9pm Monday to Thursday, 12-9.30pm on Fridays & Saturdays and 12-8pm on Sundays. Booking recommended.
Reviewed February 21, 2012

We just finished a great meal at The Swan. Both of our dishes were great, and they were very accommodating in preparing something for our son that wasn't on the menu.

Management response:Responded July 7, 2012

Thank you for reviewing you dinner with us earlier this year, sorry for the delay in my reply. I'm pleased to hear you and your family enjoyed your meal - as I'm sure my team said at the time, our Chef's will gladly prepare something "not on the menu" for guests with dietary requirements or just little ones that are a bit fussy. If you ever find yourselves back in the UK, please do keep us in mind!

Best regards,

Beata Slapikaite

Reviewed January 13, 2012

I can't really understand the other reviews as today my husband and I decided to try The Swan, 'just for a sandwich'!!
They were one of the best sandwiches I had ever had - lovely bread from local Slindon bakery packed full of succulent roast chicken and a cranberry and orange stuffing. Served with salad, homemade red coleslaw and lovely chunky chips - all for £6.50.
There was even a minute steak and onion sandwich for £6.95!!
Lovely traditional surroundings and toilets exceptionally clean which included handcream and toiletries!
Will definately be visiting again and recommending.

3  Thank CurlyWurlyL
Reviewed September 7, 2011

We stopped for a leisurely Lunch in Arundel and went to the Swan. I ordered the special of the day chicken and Mango salad. I could not actually cut the chicken breast it was so overcooked, I commented on this to the waitress she said 'It is cooked properly' and walked off. It had obviously been cooked in a microwave to oblivion. When asked if everything was ok by another person my husband commented again on the chicken which was mostly left on my plate. He just took the plates and walked off!! My husbands meal was ok but nothing special. Would certainly not recommend this place to anyone

2  Thank bilbomorris
Reviewed July 25, 2011

Conveniently located with a choice of pub or more restaurant environments. Decent choice of beer, though not cheap. The ploughman's lunch was where it all went wrong: unnecessary continental style breads making a hopeless bid for sophistication, soggy pickled onion, spoonful of coleslaw straight from the tub and worst of all only 3 tiny thin slices of cheese per person. To be fair the waitress did bring another (small) amount when requested but not a very satisfying experience for 6 quid.
No idea what it's like in the evening though the advertised entertainment might be worth a try - eat before you go though.

1  Thank McDadLondon
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Familar story of uk Hotels/ pubs,ideal location,in small historic town by the rive Arun.
Three of us went for lunch in Arundel,and found the White Swan Hotel,it was friendly and the staff did their best ,but were let down by poor over priced food,that had to be sent back due to the meat in the ale steak pie being so tough,we were unable to cut through it,even though it was supposed to be home made ?
the two changed meal of fish pie were again dissopointing,and badly presented.
I ordered fish and chips to be on the safe side,and alought rather dry,was acceptable.
My pint of HSB excellent,but at £3.30 it must be the most expensive in town
Would have liked to write a glowing review,but until the managment sort out the basic problem of serving up unacceptable overpriced food,people wont return for second helpings.