“Quaint little tea room with prompt service”
Review of Belinda's Tearooms

Belinda's Tearooms
Ranked #20 of 56 Restaurants in Arundel
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Belinda's Tea Rooms is a beautiful 16th century team room in the historic town of Arundel. Baking cakes and treats how they should be made. We also serve breakfast, lunch and main meals.
Reviewed January 17, 2013

As one of very few tea rooms offering vegetarian lunch options we decided to try something different than one of the many Italian restaurants in Arundel. As expected for a tearoom it was a limited but adequate menu. The coffee had been sitting on a hot,plate for some time and was very bitter which was a little disappointing. Food was hot and nicely presented, prices were reasonable. It was lovely and warm by the fire and certainly very welcoming. They do have a range of teas and many of the customers were pleased with their food.

Reviewed January 13, 2013 via mobile

On a rainy Saturday afternoon, my partner and I decided to give this cute place a try for lunch. It was his idea as he was attracted by the scones displayed on the window sill. I ordered the full English breakfast with fried bread and my partner ordered the savoury scones set. service was friendly and our orders arrived fairly promptly, but it wasn't busy. The savoury scones looked rather bland, with two scones, a small pot of fresh cheese and a few sticks of celery... but my partner is not a fussy eater. My breakfast was awful. The food was so hot it burnt my entire alimentary system. The bacon was tough and chewy like leather, the beans were dry and appeared to have been microwaved, the mushrooms tasted like sponges, the egg was pale, and the sausage was greasy and foul... I don't think I will go back, but hopefully the rest of the menu is better to warrant the better reviews I see below. The entire atmosphere of the decor was really quaint.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

Since we live not too far away, we've been to Belinda's several times, so we decided to take two Canadian friends here for afternoon tea and they loved it! The lady was so taken with the blue and white china that she asked for the name and where she could buy it. The service was good and there was a nice range of home-made cakes - the coffee cake is especially wonderful! If you like chintzy English tea rooms, then you'll enjoy Belinda's.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We came here for a quick lunch. The soup of the day"" turned out to be a choice of 4 different soups - all home made and the onewe had was delicious. The Coronation Sandwich was made with self made "coronation" so another compliment to the kitchen. All scones, cakes etc on offer looked home-made and delicious. The service was very friendly and helpful so a great experience.

Reviewed November 17, 2012

Loved the atmosphere here with freshly prepared food and a great cup of Earl Grey. Service is with a definite smile and really on the ball. Don't miss out!