“Great service & atmosphere”

Pappardelle Ristorante and Osteria
Ranked #5 of 54 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Ground floor Osteria open all day for Musetti coffee, homemade pastries lunches and fully stocked bar of over 60 wines and 20 grappa all available to sample by the glass. First floor traditional Italian Ristorante with intimate atmosphere and delicious homemade measls and desserts. Booking essential at the weekend.
Reviewed March 31, 2013 via mobile

Went to the restaurant Good Friday 2013.
Busy busy little place, maybe too many people packed in as tables cramped together.
Staff were very helpful and friendly :0)
Food was OK but was expecting the slow cooked duck to be a breast. ... not a leg that looked like it came from a take away :0(
All in all good ..... but next time will ask for the wine to be opened at the table. Tasted like the left overs from the previous night? ?

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Went to Arundel for the day and a birthday lunch. Looking around there were plenty of places to eat but Osteria was full and seemed to be buzzing so we went in.
Lovely informal surrounds downstairs with sharing tables and the staff were very friendly.
Only downside was that our order was lost somewhere so lunch took a while but we were offered free drinks. When the food came the quality was good and it was, quite frankly, lovely.
So all in all, nice staff, great food cooked well and a friendly atmosphere.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

The title says it all really. From the moment we walked up the stairs we were greated with friendly helpful staff. Nothing was too much trouble and everything was done with a smile.

The food was absolutely beautifully cooked and elegantly presented. Five of us ordered different starters and main meals and each was superb. For deserts we all settled on just two different choices from the board - an oft used phrase but they really were to die for.

I need to be critical so all I can say is I'd have preferred padded chairs.Whilst they weren't uncomfortable, after three hours sitting on them you knew it was time to move.

Wonderful evening.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

A good friend recommended this restaurant just as I was struggling to choose due to the profusion of lovely looking establishments throughout this charming town. Yes it's important to have such good friends, as you have to be quite brave to recommend. My meal and experience here was something to remember for a long time -- I really want to go back some day!! Great welcome, fitted me in on a busy Friday, perfect table, attentive service, oh and superb food + wine. A sign of the success of this formula was the friendliness of the other diners - all very chatty. Yes, I was sorry to leave and probably eat too much.

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Spent an hour looking around Arundel trying to decide on where to eat and happened upon this place and we were so glad we did. As soon as we went in we were faced with the deal of the day which was mussels and a glass of wine for an amount under a tenner...fantastic, two of those please.

Service was friendly and efficient, food was cooked well and obviously freshly prepared.
Atmosphere was casual and chatty but with enough privacy to enjoy a one on one conversation.

The only slight frustration were middle class mums trying to forcefully batter their way through with prams and other screaming monster travel containers. I am not sure anything can be done about this as bored mums are obviously quite a big catchment in the town.

One other negative is that I don't leave nearer to this place otherwise I would be there most days !!

Overall couldn't fault it, mussels plump as they should be and well cleaned, wine crisp, dry and non acidic and fries as crisp as Alan Sugars shirt collar.