“Wonderful”

Ranked #6 of 56 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Ground floor Osteria open all day for Musetti coffee, homemade pastries lunches and fully stocked bar of over 60 wines and 20 grappa all available to sample by the glass. First floor traditional Italian Ristorante with intimate atmosphere and delicious homemade measls and desserts. Booking essential at the weekend.
Reviewed March 1, 2013

We are also lucky enough to live in Arundel, and not only do we have a wonderful restaurant in Pappardelle on our doorstep which sells the best home made Italian meals, we also spend time with wonderful staff in Osteria the great Wine Bar which also sells home made Pizza and other great Italian Fare. It's also great for coffee and breakfast. Special mentions to all the wonderful staff, Mark, Dave, Emma, both the Sophie's, Claire, Bobby the list goes on and sorry we've not mentioned you all. Emma and Clive you've made it a pleasant and friendly place to spend time in Arundel, also thanks to all the great people we spend time with Thanks All.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

We are lucky enough to live in Arundel & Pappardelle is our favourite restaurant. We eat there with friends, as a couple and occasionally drop in for the amazingly good value 2 course lunch. Our meal last week was to celebrate my birthday & I had a great fillet steak, very tender & served just as I like it with pepper sauce and , for the first time, polenta chips. The food is always great & the menu much more interesting than the usual Italian restaurant. The pasta dishes have sauces you don't find elsewhere. The bolognese sauce, for example, is made with lamb & the boar sausages are delicious. It is always good to see your favourite dish on the menu but also to have the experience of trying something new. Staff are great too, friendly & professional & nothing is too much trouble. The only one downside about reviewing your favourite restaurant is that it may get over booked but then living locally I can go at 'off peak' times & still be guarenteed a great meal.

Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

We went to the upstairs restaurant. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but also the staff were really friendly, and knowledgeable about the menu. Highly recommended.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I visited this lovely little place last night and just had to review it straight away! Absolutely fantastic! Wonderful cosy setting, warm and inviting features. I booked a table for myself and my mum for 6pm, just as well as they got busy quickly!

We ordered the mussels and King Prawns to start. Well, I was blown away. The mussels were not too salty, a wonderful balance of garlic and white wine. The prawns came in a tomatoe based sauce and again, very tasty and easy to pull apart.

For mains we both ordered the duck, again, I could not find fault. The duck was tender, on a bed of herb mash and I am dying to know how they got the courgettes to taste so good!!! This was accompanied by a berry and juniper jus, not too strong and didnt overpower the duck.

What really impressed me was the service, the waitress at the beginning explained everything is home made and if we prefer 'more of this' or 'less of that' then they would certainly accomodate! What more could you ask for?

I felt very reasonable price for the quality of food. The bill came to £54 and that included one glass of wine. This is not your average Italian!

Tha only thing I did find was that the chairs were not ovally comfy but I shall be returning here very soon with a pillow under arm and would highly recommend this fabulous place to all!

Reviewed February 23, 2013

Went on a Friday evening at 7.15. The restaurant was busy and the two waitresses seemed overwhelmed. The "service" was extremely slow, unattentive and not at all proactive. No complaints about the food which was well prepared and presented but the wait to order and then for the dishes to arrive was unacceptable. We finally left the restaurant just befor 10 p.m.!! Its nice to have an unhurried meal but we left feeling a more professional approach by the serving staff would turn this little reataurant into something rather good - the food (when it came!) was excellent.

1  Thank Grey_Nomad8
clive m, Owner at Pappardelle Ristorante and Osteria, responded to this reviewResponded February 25, 2013

Sorry to hear about the delay with service on this occasion. I was on duty in the kitchen on that evening I was aware that we were not able to get your order out to you as quickly as we normally do, and I have to say that it was due to the sudden influx of 'walk-ins' we had on that evening that made service from the kitchen a little slower. Not only is our food is cooked fresh to order, the extra care we take in all aspects of food handling and presentation mean that at times there will be an inevitable delay from the kitchen. This is not the norm, but rather the exception to the way service goes at Pappardelle, and we hope that it has not deterred you from visiting us again.