“Fabulous self-catering accommodation for large groups”
Review of Brooklands

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arundel
Brooklands
Ranked #9 of 17 Arundel B&B and Inns
Essex
“Fabulous self-catering accommodation for large groups”
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We have just back from a fantastic three night stay at Brooklands for my Hen weekend.
There were nine of us in total so we hired the whole Jamestone (which sleeps 6 - but has a large kitchen/lounge/dining room suitable for 12 people) and two self contained bedrooms a few steps across the courtyard in the Graystone. We were met by the owner, Claire, on arrival who showed us round and we had a quick peek in the new Brooklands (central barn) which is a new addition to the complex and which also looked stunning. Everything is very tastefully decorated in the Jamestone and Greystone and all the bedrooms were very large. The showers in the Graystone were both amazing (so don’t feel like you have the short straw if you are staying across the courtyard) I didn’t want to get out. The kitchen is also very well stocked in the Jamestone, we had a Tesco delivery when we arrived and ate in for most meals.

We managed to blow a fuse in the lounge so text the owners who popped round to sort it out but other than that we didn’t see them apart from when they came to say goodbye; so I am very surprised to read some of the previous reviews on here. There is also no requirement to strip beds, empty bins, collect up dirty towels etc. before you leave (as I have had to do in many other self catering apartments I have stayed in) which is a bonus with 9 girls to get sorted.

The swimming pool is really nice, with a shower/toilet room in the same building. We were lucky enough to have the whole complex to ourselves so enjoyed the use of the pool with the 9 of us in it. We didn’t use any of the other outside spaces as the weather was very changeable.
It is also only £5 in a taxi into Arundel which we went into for dinner one night and lunch another day, so it is in a great location. We mostly stayed in Jamestone though, as my bridesmaids had bought loads of activities and there is a iPod docking station and DVD player so we were all very well entertained even in the rain.

Overall I really couldn't recommend it enough. We have passed on the details to our parents and in-laws and might be back for a family holiday.

(Claire one very minor point on the last night we wanted to put the under floor heating on the Greystone for a quick blast as the temperature has dropped so much, but there were no instructions around and we couldn't make it work -and it was too late to contact you - so they would be handy for the next guests. I wish you every success with the new central barn and the new addition arriving soon to the family).

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
West Byfleet, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 5, 2013

I have just returned from a stay at Brooklands Barn with five girlfriends. I would highly recommend this property. The accommodation was superb and fully stocked with everything you would need to make your stay enjoyable.
Claire the owner was very friendly and helpful. They have a treatment room where you can have spa treatments so we all returned home very relaxed.
The great thing about this property is not only is it set in an idyllic location but you can walk to Arundel in 20 minutes which is a very lovely place with great shops, restaurants and pubs.
We all thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and would have no hesitation in returning. Everything was quite perfect.

Jenny P

Room Tip: All the rooms are good
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Went for two nights with a friend. Had a lovely time. Claire is very friendly and helpful and the place is great. Use of the pool was really good, which is very nice and a good size. Arundel is very pretty with lots of good pubs and restaurants. I would happily recommend it to any of my friends.

• Stayed February 2013
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 18, 2013

This beautiful property situated in a great location is one of the best hotels / apartments I've had the pleasure of staying in. The rooms were fully stocked (crockery, cutlery, etc..), the views were amazing, the hosts were lovely and I would highly recommend Brooklands Barn to anyone.

I visited on Valentines day and I couldn't have wished for a more romantic place!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 574JamieW
Nottellingyouville
Reviewed February 7, 2013

I took my friend here for her 40th birthday and could not have been happier. We stayed in the Greystone apartment which was better than the photos on the website.
It was such a treat to have 2 massive beds in the one room, rather than paying a lot more for 2 bedrooms or sleeping on a sofa bed. We had planned to swim in the morning as well as the evening but the beds were so comfortable we couldn't tear ourselves away!
Packing tips: if you're a coffee nerd, like us, then there's a cafetiere so bring some ground. Girls you may want to bring a hairdryer for post-swim styling and a torch. The car park is a little way away from the main complex and while most of the walk is lit some parts are quite dark.
Overall; fantastic value for money that exceeded expectations.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Chertsey, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 29, 2013

The property is in a beautiful location surrounded by countryside but close enough to surrounding towns not to be too far away from things.
We chose the barn as accommodation for myself, 4 bridesmaids plus their partners for the night before and of my wedding and it suited this purpose brilliantly. There was lots of space for us to spread out and the place was decorated and furnished to a very high standard.
The layout of the barn worked well and we found that we had everything we needed for our stay.
Claire was very accommodating and very pleasant in all communications and we felt very welcome.
I would definitely recommend Brooklands Barn to others and hope to return for another stay when the weather is a bit nicer!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank jocrowley
Brooklandsbarn, Owner at Brooklands, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
We are really pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us for your wedding weekend, it is what makes it all worth it when we have lovely people to stay at Brooklands and they appreciate it as much as we do! Wishing you a very long and happy life together.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 21, 2013

I stayed at Brooklands Barn on 10th January 2013. The epitome of excellence. An outstanding self-catering property, very peaceful and relaxing environment. The location was ideal, the facilities were excellent and above all a great sense of privacy. All that I needed in one place.

I have recommended the property to my friends and I would recommend Brooklands to anyone wanting a peaceful and luxurious break. I will definately return ..

Great Job Claire . Keep it up .

See you soon
Maame

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank MMQ5555
Brooklandsbarn, Owner at Brooklands, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and found it, as we do, very peaceful and relaxing as we are surrounded by beautiful views and I'm glad you also felt that you had your privacy which is so important.
We look forward to seeing you again. All the best.