“Good varied menu”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 11, 2014

I enjoyed my meal at the India Gate , it is a better than average Indian restaurant with a good varied menu of authentic Indian food
the only downside for me was the potions were not that large
I had a samosa to start which was quite small also the rice was quite a small portion also
service was excellent and friendly

There are newer reviews for India Gate

Reviewed April 8, 2014

We were visiting Arundel and found the restaurant on Trip advisor. It was already busy at 7.15 on a Friday night but they quickly found us a table. Both food and service were excellent and judging by the number of people collecting takeaways it has a good local following. Only sorry I was driving as I couldn't take advantage of the complimentary brandy.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Was a loyal customer of this restaurant and recommended to all my family and friends however after the price that I was charged just for a main meal I will never go back again,we were charged £5'60 for 4 popadoms and just under £70 for the meal,when I asked the staff how much their popadoms were and was told 70p each they doubled the price for them,when I said that this was extortion one of the staff said I'm so sorry we will charge you the right price next time then offered me discount when I came back,I will never go back and will tell everyone I know how the staff rip you off.I work for a global corporation and alot of our staff were going to visit for the summer party but after this experience we will be visiting another Indian restaurant,I am absolutely disgusted as a loyal customer,this restaurant will soon go downhill once people realise they are being overcharged the staff.

2  Thank MRSGWorthing
Reviewed March 15, 2014

Selected this restaurant on a walkabout in Arundel. A good choice. Friendly staff, nice ambiance, varied menu and, most importantly, very, very good food. All the dishes we selected were just that little bit tastier than most other Indian Restaurants we've visited. A very enjoyable occasion and the complimentary drink provided at the end of the meal was a nice touch. We will definitely revisit when next in the area.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Went there with a large group of ten people on Saturday 1 March. Waited well over an hour for our food which was excellent but diners who came in after us and who appeared to be regulars, were served before us. Service just not good enough, if it matched the food I would give it 5 out of 5