“My favourite Indian restaurant”
Review of India Gate

India Gate
Ranked #22 of 56 Restaurants in Arundel
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 20, 2013

The staff at this restaurant are impeccable. They are always welcoming and know my fiance and I whenever we go, remembering drinks orders and menu preferences. They are always happy to talk, and when I was looking to branch out from my normal order they listed similar options which i could try- helping me discover Garlic Chilli Chicken my now all time favourite. Don't be afraid to ask them to spice up or make dishes milder either. They really will cater for all tastes.
The food itself is so fresh, always presented nicely, and of course cooked to order. I have never been disappointed with a meal here, it really is one of the highest quality indian restaurants in the area.

Reviewed February 11, 2013

The staff at the India Gate are so friendly and welcoming. They are always happy to accommodate you even if it is very busy.

The service is good as is the ambiance and the food is delicious. I have always had a good dining experience here and plan to return very soon!

Reviewed January 7, 2013

We went for an evening meal. I had the garlic chilli chicken with pilau rice which was great. My wife wasn't very hungry so she had a starter sized portion of chicken tikka which she asked to be served with a couple of poppadoms and pickles. In other Indian restaurants a request like this sometimes throws them into confusion. They don't seem to get the fact that one diner wants just a main course and the other wants a starter but served instead of a main course with poppadoms to accompany that.
No problem here - they understood perfectly what we wanted. The staff were great - friendly, attentive and fun. We enjoyed practising our (very) few words of Bengali.
Overall - good food and a good dining experience. We don't live nearby but would eat here again when next staying in the area.

Reviewed November 28, 2012

Lovely food ( we had a takeaway ) prompt service and not too bad price wise. Very tasty. Nice layout in the restaurant, will be back for a sit down at some stage. Staff very polite.

Reviewed November 27, 2012

Great food, good service, dining area very welcoming, staff most helpful, all in all a pleasant experience, will certainly visit again soon.

1  Thank snoopybrook