“Excellent choice and value”
Review of Oriental Palace

Oriental Palace
Ranked #154 of 589 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Best buffet style Chinese around (no queuing though - just order off the extensive menu), . Don't be put off by the' not so glamorous' surroundings, this restaurant serves excellent food with a huge choice of main courses. Just wish we could have managed to eat more ! Amazing value for money also, go in a big group to take advantage of trying lots of dishes. Will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

A buffet with a difference. No queuing so that's a bonus. You can order what you like as many times as you like and they bring it to your table. Everything we had was lovely. We went here when it wasn't a buffet and were dissaponted to arrive and see it had changed but it was all delicious.
Highly recommend

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Used to drink here years ago when it was The Plough over the road from Rolls Royce.
Now it is a Chinese restaurant just off the ring road between Cov Uni, Whitefriars Abbey and the Techno Centre. Parking was easy in the car park at the front of the building.
Very good, attentive service, £13.95 set all you can eat off a large a la carte menu.
All food freshly cooked, some cut off the bone at table, fast service. They take cards.
We were amazed. The food is clearly well above the quality of buffets such as Wing Wah or Dragon Pheonix and probably the best Chinese food I have had outside London. Many of the customers were Chinese students from the Uni over the road.
Massive inside as it was large pub. We will definitely return with the family no we have found it!

1  Thank alan b b
Reviewed May 1, 2013

Nice food, nice service and clean and tidy unlike the school dinner buffet on the A45. We have been twice recently and loved the variety of food. Give it a try you will enjoy!!

1  Thank CHRIS B
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good Chinese food very rarely passes my lips and every time I order Chinese food or go to a restaurant I am usually hugely disappointed. Oriental Palace however exceeded my expectations and I really cannot fault it. The service was friendly, quick and efficient. The restaurant was clean, atmospheric and comfortable and the food was absolutely divine. I am usually greeted with heavily salted and dull food which almost always leaves me feeling dodgy when visiting a Chinese restaurant but Oriental Palace provided fresh, flavoursome food which I simply could not get enough of. It was the first time I had visited and I will certainly be going back. It is fantastic to finally find a decent place to eat Chinese food without the worry of disappointment or an upset stomach!