“Above expectations”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Good Chinese food very rarely passes my lips and every time I order Chinese food or go to a restaurant I am usually hugely disappointed. Oriental Palace however exceeded my expectations and I really cannot fault it. The service was friendly, quick and efficient. The restaurant was clean, atmospheric and comfortable and the food was absolutely divine. I am usually greeted with heavily salted and dull food which almost always leaves me feeling dodgy when visiting a Chinese restaurant but Oriental Palace provided fresh, flavoursome food which I simply could not get enough of. It was the first time I had visited and I will certainly be going back. It is fantastic to finally find a decent place to eat Chinese food without the worry of disappointment or an upset stomach!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

The food in this restaurant is piping hot and first rate quality.Unlike a lot of all you can eat places the food is cooked fresh to order and is not left out getting cold. There is a good selection of soups,starters and mains with even a few basic ice creams to choose from.The bar is not over priced and the service is good. The restaurant is situated in what once was an old pub and the only gripe is that they have kept the horrible manky carpet in one half of the place. We really like this place and at anout £15.00 per head its great value.Plenty of parking close by. Kids are made welcome as well. All in all very good just buy a new carpet.

Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

A large group of us went here for the price fix menu - as much as you can eat for £12! The food is really good and you can order as many dishes as you like. There is plenty to choose from on the menu.

The only let down with this restaurant is the decor as it is very run down and it is always freezing cold so wrap up warm!

Also there can sometimes be a bit of a language barrier when ordering food and don't always get exactly what you ask for.

Great value for money and good food.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This is a great Chinese restaurant and takeaway. For a similar price to an All you can eat buffet you get all you can eat hot, freshly prepared tasty chinese food. We usually go as a family and always enjoy ourselves. Having introduced numerous friends to this place, they always tell us they'll be making repeat visits. We often wonder why the place isnt packed out as its deffinately the best chinese in Coventry.
The staff are very polite and do everything they can to make you feel welcome and comfortable. You arent packed in like sardines like you are at many restaurants these days. There is plenty of space, both between each table and on the table itself (we like to order as a family and try each others which ends with plates everywhere).
The only negative for me is the decor, as its not the most modern, but if thats the worst thing i can think of i think they are doing pretty good.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

The food at the oriental palace is really good and the menu is very extensive. I once made the mistake of ordering the hot and spicy soup, but it turned out to be very tasty indeed. The price of the menu is reasonable and the staff are very friendly. I like getting a home delivery service from here too.