“Good food and very good Service”
Review of Sonargaon

Sonargaon
Ranked #86 of 584 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Meaning 'Golden Village' this name originated from the capital city of Bangladesh, Dhaka. Sonargaon has been based in Coventry since February '86 and it has since been an Indian restaurant with a difference, emerging onto the culinary scene as the only genuine Bangladeshi restaurant in the city.
Lytham St Anne's, United Kingdom
“Good food and very good Service”
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

I had to stay in Coventry for a night and as my Company's policy restricts the cost of a room stayed in a Premier Inn on the ring road. I was going to use the associated restaurant but as it was full and I couldn't book a table I used trip advisor to find me somewhere to eat. I'm not sure if this was the one I intended to eat at but it was where I ended up. There was an early bird special which I chose and had a starter, main and side for £15. The service was very attentive and quick and friendly, the special was anything on the menu except king prawn, which I don't really like. I had an Onion Bajhi, and chicken bhuna with a light a fluffy Garlic nan bread. The food was hot and tasty, nothing outstanding, except the nan which was one of the best I've had in a long time. having said it wasn't outstanding it was good and had sufficient spice for my taste. Would I return? Yes I would try it again! Although not being a local can't comment on VFM but where I live it was good compared to places near us.

Visited November 2013

“Take aways are now half the size for the same price!!”
Reviewed August 29, 2013 via mobile

Not sure if this place has been took over food was lovely before now all the currys taste the same we had a take away 2 diffrenent mains tasted the same just a few more chillis thrown in one also the take away portions have shrunk by half so won't b eating here again

Meb A, Manager at Sonargaon, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
I apologize if you have felt the portions have decreased. We have now changed our containers to a more durable plastic alternative to the weak foil ones we had previously used.
We make sure we give a very suitable portion for value and I assure you your money is going towards the quality in which we prepare our dishes. The team is at the restaurant every lunch through the week to prepare all dishes freshly for the evening ahead. Everything from the meat to a garden salad is bought and prepped on a daily basis, I hope you would be able to give us a second chance. Thank you for the feedback.

Meb Ali
Sonargaon
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Expect to wait and tasteless bland food.”
Reviewed August 24, 2013

Over an hour for starters. Not offered drinks when seated. Popadoms offered after being seated for 10mins. These came before the drinks. Ordered a coke, it came from a 500ml bottle and was flat.
Starters (onion bhaji and sheek kebab) tasteless and greecy sad wilted salad on side.
Mains were just as bad. Food wasn't hot, nor particularly tasty.

Great for take out because you get you whole order in less than 15 mins and 25% discount. Would not recommend restaurant.

Coventry, United Kingdom
“One of the finest Indian Meals I ever had”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

went last night, for the 2nd time in about six months, wanted to be sure the first time wasn't a fluke. Great looking place, great staff, very friendly, very polite, very attentive. I had the Nagris Kofta starter and Lamb Green Herb main, it's a curry with lots of corriander and green chilli. My wife hada the vegetarian Thali. We have no complaints and will certainly be going there again.

Coventry
“best Indian food in the City”
Reviewed August 10, 2013

They are just excellent, and their excellence has stood the test of time. I've been many many times and always had brilliant service. It was apparent the other night that we had been to a funeral, so they came over and offered a drink of our choice to drink to the deceased. You don't get that in many places! Attention to detail, and customer satisfaction is a biggy here.

Visited August 2013