TripAdvisor

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Absolutely outstanding service from Harry the restaurant manager. Highly recommended. Went above and beyond to make our evening memorable!
Many thanks
Mr & Mrs Wayte

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (1,171)

Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

My sister and I visited for the afternoon tea. We arrived at 12.15 pm for 12.30 time and we had reservations. We were seated promptly in a beautiful room that was clean and inviting. The flowers on the wall were wonderful additions of colour. The waitress tried to show us the menu but she had limited English and could not respond to any of our questions. I’m not sure what happened in the next half hour as we peruses the menu but Harry then took our order of sparking Abbots afternoon tea for two.
The Prosecco was refreshing and sparkling and a great way to start the afternoon. My sister and I talked and talked as I was visiting from the USA and I had not seen her in a while. It was wonderful. Afternoon tea was delightful. The flavors were wonderful. I did think the scones were too “short” and fell apart too much. Otherwise everything was perfect.
Harry totally made our time special for lots of reasons.
I definitely want to return but next time I want to stay overnight.

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

My husband I visited Coombe Abbey about ten years ago and decided to go back for our 15 wedding anniversary and my how it has changed. No still/sparkling water in the room, had to ask the cleaner for toilet roll which she hastily threw at me, no Prosecco on arrival and our table at dinner was given away to a walk in even though I had prebooked so was squashed into a tiny side room, waited a long time for dinner and staff don’t really want to be there and honestly neither did I! Woken at 1 and 3am by shouting and swearing. This was supposed to be a relaxing weekend and we had paid a lot of money but this guarantees you nothing. Spoke to staff at check out and they were really not bothered. My advice if you want to go somewhere special avoid as this now caters for the masses..its mass catering, make as much money as you can with nothing special, apart from the location...save your money, there are so many other places in the uk that provide a much better service for less. I won’t be back!

Reviewed September 9, 2019 via mobile

We went for afternoon tea on Saturday and had a pleasant time. The staff are friendly and polite although could be a bit more attentive if I were to compare to other establishments. The food quality was excellent and my really enjoyed herself.

Reviewed September 5, 2019 via mobile

Coombe Abbey is a stunning setting. Very quaint and picturesque!

It’s an ideal setting for a special occasion. I went for afternoon tea with a friend.

The food was yummy the only down side was the strawberry tart, to quote bake off it had a ‘soggy bottom’ and unfortunately fell apart. The scones were really dry too, we both left those. That being said the rest of the food was delicious and it wouldn’t put me off going again.

The gin is served in a lovely Hendricks pot and a cute cup and saucer.

Date of visit: August 2019