“Worth every penny!”

Cuisines: European
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

We were treated to afternoon tea as a birthday present and this was withoeut doubt the best afternoon tea we have ever had (that includes some of Londons best), there was a choice of 7 different teas or an excellent filter coffee, followed by:
Fresh Finger Sandwiches
Lemon Posset Shot
Gateaux Opera
Rich Fruit Tea Cake
Freshly Baked Fruit Sultana Scones with British Jam and Clotted Cream
Do not go there if you are on a diet but if not then this is a must (if you cannot manage all then 'doggy' boxes are provided ~ only saw this as I decided to make a pig of myself).
All this for under £15, cannot be bettered (view the menu at coombeabbey.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Afternoon-Tea-Menu-online.pdf)
ENJOY!

1  Thank radarman909090
There are newer reviews for Coombe Abbey Hotel and Restaurant

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Booked a private dining suite to celebrate an 18th Birthday. I can't find any fault with any aspect of the evening. Service was excellent, staff were friendly and welcoming, nothing was too much trouble. Food was amazing, beautifully presented, tasted lovely. Everyone said how much they enjoyed the food. The hotel and the grounds are well kept and made a beautiful backdrop for our photos. Would definitely consider Coombe again for our next family occasion.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Afternoon Tea at Coombe Abbey has just exceeded all my expectations, I have Coeliac Disease (Gluten intolerance) and my needs were completely catered for, My selection was the same as the non gluten free selection and amazingly good. I have been to Afternoon Tea at the Ritz London which was also excellent however I could not say it was any better than that at Coombe Abbey, they were both equal.
The Staff at Coombe Abbey were attentive and delivered a first class customer service experience. Will definitely go again and highly recommend it.
From CN - Coventry

4  Thank carmelinaneilson
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We visited for afternoon tea on a hot afternoon in the conservatory. The drink took 40 minutes (and water we ordered another 10) by which time we had cooked and the food didn't come for another 20 minutes. The staff were disinterested and ignored us chasing for a drink.
Afternoon tea is about calm service with tea being delivered and replaced with style this place had none of the style and very little service.
I suggest you go elsewhere
I hardly noticed the dry sandwiches or stale bagels although the scones were very good.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

Tea at Coombe Abbey was a most pleasurable experience. I understand that a new menu was in place and we were asked for our comments by the very attentive lady in charge. The food was first-class, with three finger sandwiches and a small bagel-all different tasty fillings, with a variety of cakes and a scone, the like of which I have never tasted before-freshly baked and still warm. This was served with cream and jam, and we were offered more if required. A lemon posset cleared the pallet, and teapots were refreshed on request. The staff were very attentive, coming past frequently to check and always with a ready smile. I simply don't understand the negative comments, although we were told that things are a bit more hectic at the weekends, as the hotel is understandably a popular wedding venue. I cannot recommend the afternoon tea too highly. My wife and I will be returning for an overnight stay in the future as the building is fully deserving of further exploration.