“Great atmosphere, delicious food”
Review of Habibi

Habibi
Ranked #42 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2013

I went to Habibi for a night out with work colleagues and we all had an excellent night out. The decor and atmosphere throughout is fantastic. It's not the cheapest, but unlike some other reviewers I was full at the end. Our table shared a starter Mezze for 4 between 8 of us. There was plenty. I had the Veg tagine with a side of bread. I couldn't finish my bread. Only downside is the one little loo for the whole restaurant other than that, a very good experience and I can't wait to go back.

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice atmosphere. We were in the tent and it added to the party feel. The service was somewhat disorganised. It is so hot at the moment that big jugs of water are the order of the day. There were no big jugs and getting small jugs and glasses refilled was a bit of a hit and miss affair. We had the mezza. The vegetarian aspects were lovely - the potatoes spicy but lovely. The aubergine dip was great ....in fact all lovely. The meat was a bit difficult to identify from the description - it didn't look much like chicken or lamb. I had the vegetarian tagine which was lovely but the meat eaters were not so enthralled. There was plenty of food. We partook of the hookah - Watermelon and mint was the favourite flavour. The price was good. The party atmosphere was good. Would I go back with my family or as a couple - unlikely......

Reviewed June 28, 2013

Returned to Habibi with my good friend after a few years of absence. It's not part of my usual stomping ground so easily slips off my radar as it's not the part of town I frequent. The council are regenerating Far Gosford Street so it is more inviting.
On to the restaurant. Although we never got acknowledgement of our reservation, we got seated straight away. Bring your own bottle is great, and the food was just wonderful. Opted for the mezza @ £15.00 per head. All fresh and nicely barbecued it was a joy to eat. Garden now expanded, which gives you a flavour of places like Tunisia and Morocco and you sit on cushions around low tables. Only slight fly in the ointment was a screaming kid, which could not be helped and I guess we're a bit less tolerant of that over here than in Mediterranean countries but it does not contribute to a relaxing evening and a chinwag with a friend. Service friendly and efficient but with a relaxed attitude. I don't think they'd ever shoo you out of the door but I am not sure what the place is like when it's really busy. Definitely need to put this great place back on my radar and return promptly. Great for vegetarians, too.

Reviewed June 16, 2013

This is a little gem of a restaurant. The setting, devour, ambience is a wonderful experience. Had a wonderful time with group of friends in the tent area. Good policy to bring your own wine. Food went for the mixed mezze which was lovely and good value. At the end we had shipshape in a lovey atmosphere. Staff friendly and attentive.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Habibi is one of my favorite restaurants! Myself and my friends come here regularly and always have a seat in the shisha tent in the garden! the ambiance is lovely and you really feel like you are somewhere else.

The food is lovely and we always have a variety of dishes! the best thing about here is that you can bring your own drinks (you do pay corkage) but this will be cheaper that the drink you would buy in a restaurant anyway!

Would recommend to anyone who loves a dining experience and not just your average meal!