“Best experience in Coventry”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Habibi

Habibi
Ranked #34 of 568 Restaurants in Coventry
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Birmingham
“Best experience in Coventry”
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been to Habibi's a number of times and every time is as special as the last. The service is exceptional the food is great, the sheesha is the best. Despite no alcohol being sold on site you are allowed to bring your own. I have been greeted by the owner who does a lot for charity and friendly..... Highly recommend this place.

• Visited November 2012

Coventry, United Kingdom
“A taste of the exotic in the heart of a city”
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Although I live in Coventry I had never visited Habibi before. I spent a great evening here with friends who were visiting me from the West Country. We sat in the tented area which was surprisingly warm considering that the evening was very wet and windy. Plenty of heaters on and blankets at hand if needed. The atmosphere was great and the food was excellent. The mezzo at £15 per head was great value for money. It gives you the opportunity to sample lots of different dishes and you certainly will not be disappointed by the portion sizes. The restaurant is dry but you are able to take your own alcoholic drinks with you. There is a small corkage charge.

• Visited November 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Awesome evening”
Reviewed November 8, 2012

We came here for my boyfriend's birthday dinner. We settled at a corner table at the red tent, which turned out to be much lovely and warmer than the garden table setting that I first preferred, The whole restaurant ambiance was just awesome, and with the music especially, I felt like I was transported back to a time when I was in Kabul. Same same but different. I also love that the restaurant has its advocacy for Palestinian sovereignty - so if you have this politics/sympathy, you would especially love it here. You can see all these on the corridor on the way to the garden/tent and the washroom. We had the GBP30 mezzo for 2, which was generous value for money. We were not able to finish the courses but that's because te mezzo was good for 3 people I think.

Birmingham
“A Great Evening”
Reviewed November 1, 2012

We were there to celebrate my father's 73rd Birthday. The atmosphere was wonderful. The great range of flavours was outstanding. I was particularly impressed with the green beans with dill. We will definitely make a return visit. I'd like to try a shisha next time.

Warwick
“Brillant!”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Great place, especially for a night out with friends! The bedouin tent area creates a fab, authentic atmosphere. We ate inside as could be a little chilly so if you are outside take a coat or jacket. We orderedhe sharing mezzo at £15 each plus a Shisha and there was so so much food. It is very genuine, I used to live in Israel (that and the then West Bank as it was known) and the tastes are authentic and second to none. Indeed I have never tasted similar in the UK. Lots of thought provoking information displayed around about the Palestians and the Israeli wall. Brillant place, just would not recommend if you are fussy and unwilling to try new foods.

Can not wait to return.