“Disappointing”

Dining options: Drinks, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Seating
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2013

I visited Browns for the first time whilst in Coventry on business.......we looked at trip advisor where there was favorable reviews for the restaurant, unfortunately the reviews didn't live up to the reality. The staff were unfriendly, 16 of us were pointed in the direction of our pre booked table, no menus given and no explanation of how to order. When I inquired I was told the menu was the rather large blackboard on the wall and to order at the bar.....16 of us were stood in front of the blackboard then queued up at the bar to order......not a good experience...and the food was average when it came! In future we will be going somewhere else when in Coventry.

• Visited June 2013
3 Thank Elizabeth D

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Really grumpy staff but good coffee”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

Called in for a Saturday morning coffee. I don't think the the barmaid could have been more unfriendly. The coffee was good but I won't be rushing back.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank CovCharlie
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent vegan food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

Love the atmosphere and the vegan food options. Very good choice and plenty offered. Always recommend friends to go here and even meet up with vegan friends here.

Visited May 2013
2 Thank PaulStim
Bristol, United Kingdom
“Awful”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2013

I went to browns for the first time looking forward to a nice meal as I've heard good things. I went for the Garlic Prawn Linguine as this is my favourite.

I was very disappointed when my meal arrived. I was expecting this dish to be cooked in some sort of sauce for flavour, example a tomato base.

It literally was pasta, prawns and garlic in OIL. flavourless, it felt like I was eating just a bowl of pasta and oil. Tastless. My meal looked the same when I finished as it did when I first had it.

I didn't touch it and was not even asked why. I will not be going back here for a meal ever.

• Visited May 2013
5 Thank Daisie P
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Appalling in every way - do not eat here.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2013

I am quite broad minded about food and customer service and understand that perfection is not always possible. However this is in a league of its own for the worst food I have ever had the misfortune to eat and to add to that, terrible service. The food was cold and inedible. The staff are curt and when trying to be jovial, you are met with a cold, mocking stare. Further, whilst attempting to eat I saw quite a few spiders. Therefore do not waste your money as the basics are so lacking it is really quite unbelievable it is still in business.

• Visited April 2013