“dreadful place” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Dragon Phoenix - CLOSED

Dragon Phoenix
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Buffet, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Coventry
“dreadful place”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

Although all you can eat, half the serving dishes were empty. There were a large party of loutish people in there who were throwing food, and not even asked to calm down. Basically a Chav den.

Visited October 2012

“Do not go !!!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

We went to this so called Chinese, Indian, and Italian with a group of 10, we all agreed we would never go back, Chinese food was swimming in grease, the rice was a choice of boiled rice or boiled rice with a mix tinned vegetables thrown in and luke warm, the Indian food was mainly sauce no meat apart from a few lumps of processed chicken and luke warm, the Italian - oh so funny - - a dried out cheese and tomato pizza that ran out by 8 o'clock and you guessed it luke warm, desert was tinned peaches, tinned fruit salad, to put in a watered down chocolate fountain ! Any cakes they had - had ran out by - you guessed it 8 o'clock, the plates piled on our table no one took them away, dirty cutlery and to add to the insult - over charged us , when we told them they said they had no change in the till !!!!! What ! Never ever going to that grubby, sub standard, thriving place again ! Julie

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good food, good service, good night out!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012 via mobile

My friend had her work leaving do here, the atmosphere was great! I like the different selections of food and it was good value for money! Ronnie ( the manager) was so welcoming and we had such a good time on the karoke, we didnt want to leave!

Coventry, United Kingdom
“Review of The Dragon Pheonix in Coventry”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

Well, where do I start? My family and I were frequent visitors to the Dragon Pheonix in Coventry up until 12 months ago we loved it there, lovely atmosphere, staff very obliging and nothing was too much trouble indeed they made you very welcome and want to return, the chinese asian food on offer was always hot and delicious. Sadly we havent been able to visit but on Saturday decided that my family and I deserved a treat and would visit once again. However, we had heard that it had changed ownership but thought that we had such fond memories we would return. We will never be back there again. We were led like animals to a table, and left to get on with it so to speak, the same man accosted us rather agressively 5 mins later demanding to know what drinks we wanted, we ordered and went to get our food, the chinese selection we once had enjoyed had all but vanished and what there was of it was very little and of substandard quality. The restaurant was prodominatly asian cuisine that all was over spiced, over salted and pretty much all tasted the same. The chinese asian italian it states is it, is a complete joke. The italian part we assume was the 2 manky dried out pizzas in the corner that we figure were not even to an iceland cook at home standard! The man behind the bar kept prompting the boy showing people to their tables to gain more and more drink orders from those seated including ourselves. My partner noticed the soy sauce bottle on the table was empty and kindly requested it please be filled, it was snatched from his hand taken away and 3rd filled and all but thrown at him in disgust of being asked such a request. The loyalty cards we had kept all had 3 stamps on which we had been told previously could be used for 3rd of meal (1 person per card) the man we paid bluntly refused to take any discount and when the £40.00 was handed over for the 4 people meal and drink each I quoted we would not be coming back, he closed the till drawer and I had to request the change! Appauling service, and a huge disappointment to my family and I, the food was disgusting indeed we all left there with empty pockets and empty stomachs too, its a disgrace to the eateries in Coventry DONT GO THERE and waste your money and time, Coventry has a lot to offer and the food this place serves I doubt even my dog would consume.

• Visited October 2012
coventry
“do not go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

went there yesterday and it was really bad before it was taken over went there all the time and it was fantastic but now really save yourself money and dont go staff rude food rubbish and wont be going back ever

• Visited October 2012