“Great staff, poor value”

Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Coventry
Ranked #400 of 568 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian, American, Pizza, Diner
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Great staff, poor value”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

I've been to F&Bs quite a few times and think the lunch menu offers are good if you fancy a burger. The food is definitely not good value for money though. The pasta dishes are more expensive or equally priced to what you would pay in a really good proper Italian restaurant.

The restaurants are always very noisy and the music at this branch Is often on particularly loud.

BUT I have always found the staff here at this F&Bs to be very friendly and efficient, and have always been happy to help.

• Visited August 2013

coventry
“What an enjoyable meal”
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This was my first visit, my wife and I plus 5 members of my family booked in for a meal on a Saturday evening, we arrived early and sat in the bar area, clean and roomy, but the drinks were very expensive. At our booked time we were shown to our table, ordered our meal which surprisingly we only had a short wait. My wife and I ordered "New York Chicken" with BBQ sauce, it was delicious. The staff were courteous and in attendance at all times. An enjoyable evening had by all our party

• Visited October 2013
Nuneaton
“An enjoyable dinner, bit pricey mind for what you get!”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We went here for dinner on sunday evening after finishing work. We were greeted promptly and had our order, drinks and food all delivered fairly quickly. The restaurant wasn't very busy, thus the speedy service. We went off the specials menu, which is pretty good value and there is a good selection of dishes. We had bbq pulled pork potato skins for starters, then a meatball calzone and a bbq burger and then an apple crumble and a cheesecake to finish off - all tasty food. The lunch menu is also good value from monday - friday. My only issue is the price of drinks - when other chain restaurants can do free refills for drinks, why can't Frankie and Benny's (outside of lunchtimes)?

• Visited September 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very popular, good service but very noisy”
Reviewed September 14, 2013

We joined our friends for an early Saturday evening dinner. Four adults and two children, sat in a corner booth.

When we sat down we tried to chat but were finding it nigh on impossible as we had been seated under a speaker and the music was overloud even by F&B standards. Ended up shouting over the music for half the night until after one of the rounds of Cliff Richard singing birthday congratulations (there were 5 whilst we were there) when the sound was blissfully turned town a notch.

The service was very good, we were overcharged with someone else's drinks but this was soon rectified when we pointed the mistake out.

I opted for the Prawn Cocktail Starter and Chicken Parmigiana both of which were good. Latte at the end was very good. My daughter had the kids Pizza which looked fabulous and was huge for a 6 year old, she polished it off though so it must have been good. My husband had the pork in a bun with B B Q sauce which he described as "grim" and which I noticed our friends daughter left.

• Visited September 2013
Warwickshire
“Worst meal eating out in a long time.”
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Slow service, chicken completely tasteless and tasted more of water. Waited so long to mention this ended up paying and leaving as was a treat for niece and film in nearby cinema about to start. Will not be going there again. Very disappointing.

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank JulesP999

Travelers who viewed Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Coventry also viewed

Coventry, West Midlands

Been to Frankie & Benny's New York Italian Restaurant & Bar - Coventry? Share your experiences!