“Expensive , over rated, too loud, poor food, awful service.”
Review of Nando's - Coventry

Nando's - Coventry
Ranked #280 of 581 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Portuguese
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Expensive , over rated, too loud, poor food, awful service.”
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Met up with the family and decided to walk into Coventry for a meal. Nothing flash just middle of the road stuff.
It was busy in most places but we decided to queue on Nandos. Wish we hadn't , for what it is there is little value for money , no comfort at all and service that was verging on the incapable . Why do people spend this amount of money on such dreadful places. I recall going to one in birmingham a couple of years ago and it was value for money but not any more .The chicken breast burger was hard and not very warm, the sweet potato mash was all lumps ugh. How a double chicken breast, a piece of lettuce and tomato in a bun with a dollop of mash justifies over £10 I have no idea. We wanted to finish with a Galao coffee to be told 'we ain't got not 'ot drinks tonight !' No apology just a rude statement of fact. My wife quite enjoyed her main course of half a chicken as it seemed freshly cooked but still not VFM. The others said it was okay but they weren't that impressed.
I won't be back

Winchester, United Kingdom
“Edible!”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

We went here for something quick to eat after work. I was a little disappointed as I remember it being slightly better. The service was good, staff attentive and the food arrived relatively quickly. However, the portions seemed a bit on the meagre side and also the chicken wasn't as tasty as I remember it being. The skin was a bit soft and soggy rather than crispy and hot. Sides were a bit stingy I thought....two small peices of garlic bread, a saucer of chips, and a handful of salad. Surely it wouldn't hurt to slap a bit more on! Not as good as other Nando's we have visited.

Visited October 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“yummy!”
Reviewed October 10, 2012

we love Nandos!! not the cheapest and sides are small portions but it is very tasty food and worth it.

Visited September 2012
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Fine but...”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

There is a variety of good food and it is relatively cheap, which is good. However, I was slightly disappointed by the service.

Visited July 2012
United Kingdom
“I Love Nando's”
Reviewed September 29, 2012

I have been eating regularly at this Nando's for about 4 years and it's my favourite place in Coventry City Centre. Whilst some people say it is very pricey, there is always a nice atmosphere, decent staff from the minute you walk in and good food. I have loved most things I have tried ranging from Butterfly Chicken, Chicken Wraps to the burgers. The only thing I didn't enjoy was the vegetarian option of beanie wraps. 9/10 times the food is spot on and on the one occasion I asked to speak to the Assistant Manager, he was very professional and polite. I also love the desserts, the Raspberry Swirl Cheesecake is amazing and the ice creams are also good. Not too keen on the Bottomless Frozen Yoghurt though! You have easy access to tap-water and ice which is ideal as you don't have to keep asking staff. Also you can get a bottomless soft drink which is excellent value for money. Being able to help yourself to sauces etc is also very handy. You do have to pay for the Perinaise though when you order (I love Perinaise). Another positive is that Nando's has centrally-located sinks to wash your hands before you eat - perfect! The only negative is there can be a wait sometimes for your food but don't let that put you off trying this place! Doing a great job guys!

• Visited September 2012