“Very Pleasant Visit”

SAVOUR STATION
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 26, 2014

We went to this restaurant because we were caravanning in the area and had a Groupon voucher. We are very glad we did, the welcome was excellent, we were met at the door of the restaurant, (which is on the first floor, quite a few steps but worth the climb) by a very friendly member of staff, who proceeded to show us around and explain the way everything is laid out, where to get plates etc. Then he found us a table and brought us our drinks. We then had a chance to sample all, well quite a few of the excellent dishes, there were indian starters, chinese starters and even american starters, all were very well presented and cooked just right. Can't wait to go back to this area again for another lovely meal and to try the ones we didn't try this time. The service was very good, the staff were there if you needed another drink or something but they were not hovering like you get in a lot of restaurants. All in All a very good meal, and the prices are very good too.

6  Thank bigedd

Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

Visited for Saturday lunch. Plenty of choice though some of it was very spicy. Didn't manage to try everything. The fresh cooked cheese naan bread was beautiful. I think due to the layout, once it gets busy it could be extreemly noisey. Staff were friendly and quick to clear tables and if it's your first visit you get a tour of the food stations

5  Thank kaceyr0se
Reviewed August 22, 2014

The setting is nice, and the workers there are very pleasant too.

However, the food itself is not of good quality if you are to compare with other buffet restaurants nearby.

Food was cold and I didnt particularly like anything there (and I usually love the oriental selection in buffet restaurants). I selected loads of different options but ended up leaving the plates fairly full because I couldnt eat them.

I had a 2-4-1 voucher which slightly eased the experience but I wouldnt go back here.

Reviewed August 13, 2014 via mobile

This is an "all you can eat" multi ethnic buffet restaurant on the first floor of the Old Fire Station. We visited the restaurant for lunch at 12:30 on a Monday and were greeted by friendly staff. We had to wait a little while as they hadn't finished prepping the food for the buffet but it was worth the short delay. Even though the restaurant was very quiet, there was plenty of food on offer across all the ethnicities and we could have chosen even more items to be cooked to order. We had starters, mains and desserts and the cost was £6.99 a person which is very reasonable. The food was very tasty and seemed to be made from good quality ingredients. We only had soft drinks but the drinks menu didn't look extortionate. My only small niggle was that the food wasn't really hot enough. I think the Bain Maries weren't working properly. However I would certainly pay a return visit and I feel that the restaurant deserves to do well.

6  Thank Rachael B