“Great aircraft.”

Coventry UK
3 attraction reviews
“Great aircraft.”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

As an aviation enthusiast, I'm very pleased to have the museum not far from my residence.It is great for young and older(me!) alike.

Leicester, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Deffo one for the Boys”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

After hearing some positive comments from a work colleague, I thought it be a good local attraction for our 7yr old son.

It was very easy to find (adjacent to Coventry Airport just off A45/A46) and although a relatively small free car park, there was suffcient space on the day. We went into the rather dated building and paid the entrance fee (£6 adults £3 children). My wife had decided to come along too eventhough this wasn't her cup of tea.

We went through the shop to gain entrance to the museum. I'm no plane expert, but like most guys I'm interested in planes, weapons etc. What a surprise then to get access to such machines culminating in the opportunity to gain access into the legendary Vulcan. My son loved it especially when told he was sitting in the bomb release control seat. We also got access into a cargo plane where our guide was extremely polite and knowledgable.

Internally there is a mazzanine floor which houses some local historical information with additional plane models, jet engines and the like. The information describes how important a city Coventry was during the war with a video showing the Blitz and it's damage.

There is a small coffee shop tucked away at the back of the well stocked shop.

The guides are polite enough, but we were unable to get access to the Russian helicopter (my son wanted to fire the machine gun - typical boy).

Overall it was an enjoyable 3hr visit. But I think my wife was bored quite quickly. Also most of the display planes are actually outdoors so take warm clothing and good boots.

Visited November 2012
1 Thank GrobySkyBlue1972
Banbury, United Kingdom
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 63 helpful votes
“small museum”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

I enjoyed the Argosy and the Westland whirlwind .. theres a nice varied collection of fighter aircraft aircraft plus a rare chance to look inside the cockpit of a Vulcan bomber

Penkridge, United Kingdom
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Ok”
Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice little collection, but a bit too small really. Ok to while away an hour though. More information could be provided, especially on the aircraft outside.

2 Thank Goat_Herder78
Kenilworth, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Wow - A Vulcan bomber”
Reviewed October 21, 2012

Run by a team of real enthusiasts. Some great static displays, ideal for the kids to explore. The volunteers try to open as many planes as possible each day to give a chance to explore cockpits. The Vulcan bomber was a great hit with the kids and grandparents alike.

Visited July 2012