“Very happy to stay at the Ramada!”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Ranked #11 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Suffolk
“Very happy to stay at the Ramada!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 25, 2009

When I am in Coventry for work I always try to get a room here whether I come by train, & walk from the station, or drive & park in the attached car park.
The friendly, helpful staff - gave me good directions to the nearby Ikea. I had some bulky boxes that the staff collected from my car & suggested they store then in a locked room for me. They booked me into resturant at a time when they said it would be less busy. They were right & I had a good meal - the porcini mushroom soup was lovely. I did have to wait to have my order taken but not for anything else. Breakfast was good but very busy even at 7:30am.
My room was excellent as decibed by other reviews, apart form an extractor fan in the bathroom never switching off all night & the TV did not have ITV1. It is a bit of a nuisance that you can't open any window - but then it would be a much more noisy place to stay.
When I have had problems with my room in past visits, the staff have immediately sorted out the problem or moved me.
The view of Coventry was much better at night with all the car & building lights, but I don't come to Coventry for the view!
There is free internet access on certain floors but they often have offers on price of broadband access - for example, £3.99 for 24 hours when I was there.
I was very impressed that the manager responds to all of these reviews.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank NicCSuffolk
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, October 8, 2009
Dear NicCSuffolk

Many thanks for your positive review, following your recent stay with us. I am pleased by your comments about all apsects, especially of the team here.

Please feel free to contact myself directly should you have any future requirements and we hope to welcome you once more to the Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry.

Steven Cosgrove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (154)
  • Greek first
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 22, 2009

friendly staff, clean room. excellent value for money

• Stayed September 2009, traveled on business
Dear c_cofi

Your short and precise review is very welcomed.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2009

really nice food from the in house restaurant, really didn't like the windows that you cant open - especially in a smoking room! but the rooms are really big! and they did have free bottled water which is unusual for a standard room

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank a1110
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, September 10, 2009
Dear a1110

Many thanks for your comments about your recent stay with us. We hope to welcome you once more to the hotel in the future.

South England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2009

We stayed at the Ramada for 2 nights over a weekend, and we were very pleased with our choice. The service was friendly and helpful, the room was large and very clean, we had a suite so could relax on the sofa and watch television. The bathroom was also large with a heated mirror, love little touches like that, they make all the difference, and the shower was one of the best I have ever had in a hotel. There was a fridge and basic cutlery etc so we could have eaten in our room quite easily if we had wanted to. We were very glad we opted to try the hotel restaurant though, the meals were delicious! Highly recommended.

The only down side to our stay was the hotel bar, the drinks were quite pricey and the staff seemed very untrained. We had to ask for our money back when the 'Cocktail of the week' that we had ordered turned out to be undrinkable! - The girl had not known how to prepare the cocktail and after a 15 minute wait for our drinks (no exaggeration) had admitted it might taste terrible. Our money was returned to us with no fuss though once we had complained, and we left the bar after that.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, August 12, 2009
Dear hayl46

Many thanks for your review following your recent stay with us.
It is encouraging too hear the positive comments about your experience, but I do apologise for our failure to serve you the perfect cocktail.
We hope to welcome you once again to the hotel and please feel free to contact us direct for any future accommodation needs.

sandwich kent
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

I with colleagues recently stayed for 4 weeks at Ramada Coventry, and got to know many of the staff, the food was absolutely fabulous, and the Chef a great character, all of the other staff were attentive, courteous and a credit to thier employers, overall we had no complaints at all and our stay at the Hotel was the highlight of our business endeavours, thanks very much.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, July 16, 2009
Dear Bernieenglish

Many thanks for your positive comments following your recent stay with us. It pleases the team here, to know that their ongoing efforts are being recognised and will help to ensure this continues.

We hope to welcome you back to the Ramada Hotel & Suites once again. Please feel free to contact me for any future accommodation requirements you may have in the city, business or pleasure, as we gurantee to offer the "Best available rate"

Ireland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2009

I was visiting Coventry for a family wedding and I checked this hotel out on trip advisor first. Most of my extended family were staying at another hotel. The staff were friendly and efficient. The breakfast was filling and tasty. I was sharing a twin room. It was quite spacious. The shower was quite powerful for a hotel shower and you were actually able to take the showere head off and move it around instead of just a shower head on the wall. My only complaint would be the lack of toiletries left in the bathroom. There was only enough for one. Also there was only one pillow on each bed. Perhaps maybe extra pillows and blankets could be left in the wardrobe in case they are required. All in all it was a comfortable stay and the price was very competitive. You are also only less than 10 minutes walk from city centre.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
Dear sin977

Thank you for taking time to leave comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I apologise for any lack of toiletries and assure you that should you have enquired, we would have worked to resolve the problem immediately.
However, I am pleased that your overall experience was a positive one and we hope to welcome you once again to the hotel for any future weddings you may be attending, or in fact for any purpose at all.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2009

Easy to book over phone - very helpful staff. After a long, hot train journey down, received a very pleasant surprise when I checked in and was told my room had been upgraded at no extra charge. My room turned out to be a suite on the 14th floor with panoramic views, separate kitchen area (with fridge, microwave and sink), dining area, work area, extremely comfortable bed and bathroom with bath and shower - bliss!
Coming down tro Coventry for a business meeting and being unfamiliar with the city, I found the staff to be very helpful, giving me detailed information on how to get into the city centre.
My only complaint is that I was not staying longer!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
RamadaCoventry, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this review, July 9, 2009
Dear ChrissiScotland

Many thanks for taking the time to post your positive comments following your recent stay with us. Your feedback is appreciated and I will relay this to the team here.

I would be glad to be able to help with the only complaint you had, and hope to welcome you back to the hotel once again. Please feel free to contact myself directly for any future accommodation needs in the city.

steven.cosgrove@ramadacoventry.co.uk