Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
$75
$76
$74
1,198 results
All reviewscar parkcity centregood sizering roadice hockeybusiness triprooms are spacioustop floorclean hotelreception staffwould stay againshort staybreakfast was excellentcomfy bedbar areastayed here for one nightikea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 29, 2013

We had a meeting here and the staff, food and meeting space were fantastic. I would highly recommend that people book this for the meeting space as it was very good. Spacious, break out areas, natural light and great facilities.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded March 16, 2014

Dear Katie D,

Thank you so much for your review of our recently opened and refurbished conference suites, we are extremely proud of the business services we provide and we very much hope we may have the opportunity to welcome you and your colleagues once again very soon to Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry.

Kindest Regards

Mike Mason-Shaw
Ramada Hotel and Suites Coventry

Reviewed December 22, 2013

Not a bad place to stay, though a bit of a walk to the Coventry town center, such as it is.
The room was clean, no trouble there. The hotel restaurant is fine, I had breakfast and dinner in-house. Nice breakfast selection, though the dinner I wasn't as excited about.

The staff is generally helpful and polite, though the gal working the bar tried to charge me for items that were included in my stay. However, it was all sorted out at reception when I was checking out, so no real complaints.

One thing to note is that they seem to be very strict about the check-in time. Flying in from the US I was at the hotel by ~11am, but they wouldn't let me check-in until it was exactly 2pm. Though, they tried to be nice about it... Stored my suitcase, and when they finally allowed me to check in the gal at the reception went out of her way to confirm my Wyndham Rewards membership and upgraded my room.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I believe this is one of the better hotels in Coventry and as far as I am concerned it was fine and good enough for a night’s stay. I needed to stay in Coventry for business.

Finding the Ramada was a bit tricky, with Coventry’s rather challenging road network and the car park wasn’t too obvious either. Once I parked and took the parking ticket out of the machine at the entrance, I could gain access to the hotel from the multi-storey car park. Parking is paid for on departure at £5.50/night.

Check-in was painless, as I had already prepaid for my room. It was a suite that I booked, but it should have been “non-smoking”; however when I got to my room, No. 1003, I realised by the stench that it WAS NOT a non-smoking room. I telephoned the reception desk, who said it was a non-smoking room, but I had to disagree, as the smell was too noxious. It was although not too much trouble for reception to change my room, to No. 504, which definitely wasn’t a smoking room and smelt quite pleasant.

The room itself was well appointed, but rather cheaply decorated. There was a small corridor, with a sizable double wardrobe, with iron, ironing board, hairdryer and extra pillows and blankets. Leading from that entrance way, was a small living room, with a small sofa, coffee table and side table, with a desk and TV computer keyboard. The TV was in the middle of the room; with a pivoting unit to be moved to view the TV from either the living or bedroom space. In the bedroom area, there was a comfy double bed and a small dressing table, with drinks making facilities. There were two side tables; however there wasn’t too much room from the walls either side of the bed. The bathroom looked quite plastic, with only a sink, toilet and a double shower – it wasn’t small, so it could have has a bath in it too, but that was not provided. As far as toiletries, this is very sparse and the shampoo was horrible for my long hair.

After I had gone out for dinner and returned to the hotel, I ordered a glass of red wine from the bar; however the girl behind the bar didn’t really look like she knew what she was doing and was in the process of re-stocking the bar too. As she couldn’t locate any other red wine, she served me the malbec red wine, which turned out to be the most expensive wine by the glass in the bar at £7.70 a glass. I didn’t want to spend that much, but I didn’t have the choice once she has poured the glass, as I didn’t want to be rude either. Annoyingly too, the bar’s phones (plural) kept on ringing, but they has two very irritating ring tones. Largely I thought the bar staff were friendly, but slightly casual in their attitude and unprofessional at times.

Overall, the hotel was fine and when I had a little wonder, I saw little conference rooms and quirky break-out areas and funky chairs. This hotel is fine for a night or two on business. I would say that it was an OK 3 star hotel - it was clean and the staff were friendly. The area the hotel is situated isn’t very nice, so you may not wish to walk around too much outside; although the centre of Coventry is a 15 minutes’ walk.

I would recommend bringing a powerful hairdryer and own shampoos and conditioners, tooth pastes etc. as the hotel doesn’t provide a lot of luxuries.

Room Tip: Non-smoking room are lower down Smoking floor are higher up
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here for two nights. Good location for the city centre. Staff very friendly and rooms clean and modern.
Very comfy beds.
I stayed on floor five and unfortunately I could hear the very loud music from the ground floor bar. It was a company Christmas party so not the norm. I complained to the manager the next morning. The manager (Lucinda) was very apologetic and arranged for another room much higher up as there was going to be another party that evening.
Overall a nice stay and I would use this hotel again.

Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed December 17, 2013

Stayed here (again) over the past weekend and found the place OK once again. Overall good service from the staff and a lovely big and comfortable suite. Breakfast was nice with a very good selection and plenty of everything. Hotel has good parking too - at £5.50 per day. My only slight negative was the noise from the roof which I think came from the lift motors etc. from our 16th floor location. So if your are looking for a central hotel in Coventry then this is a good one to consider, just avoid the 16th floor if you value a quiet night.

Room Tip: avoid the 16th floor for a quiet night
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple