“Sky High over Coventry”

Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry
Ranked #12 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights last weekend on business. Pleasantly surprised at the quality of the accommodation and the facilities.

Room: 14th floor superior standard which had great views to the east and was well-equipped.
Somehow my colleagues had wangled upgrades to suites but I was more than happy with my room 1401. Quiet apart from a gentle lift noise. The bathroom was superb, very well appointed and always clean as was the room itself. Only the telly was naff - interference but not unwatchable. Bed was big and comfy.

Breakfast: buffet but always fresh with items being constantly replaced. Friendly staff were attentive and helpful. One of the better hotel buffet breakfasts I've experienced.

Bar: A comfy spot but EXPENSIVE!!!! £5 for a malt is pushing the boundary a bit.

Reception: Friendly and efficient folk manning the desk.

Environs: Somewhat run down and seedy area with unpleasant access subways to the town. Not good to walk alone. However, next to the hotel are two or three super ethnic eateries.

Would stay here if ever I had to visit Coventry again...

Room Tip: Get a room at the end of a corridor away from the three lifts. Worth asking for upgrade.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Mike S, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2012

Dear Wainwright007,

It is always a pleasure to read reviews from our first time travellers, and we are very happy that you enjoyed your recent business trip.

The team are always pleased to recieve reviews as it continuously enables us to focus on what is important, you the guest!

Im gald you enjoyed your room facilities and the breakfast offering of the hotel, we are very proud of the breakfast we serve, and have recently one a quality breakfast award too.

I apologise for the TV reception during your stay, Im sure on your next stay with us this will be improved.

We all very much hope we have the opportunity to welcome you to coventry again.

Mike Shaw

Write a ReviewReviews (1,143)

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Another return visit to the hotel and I have to give full credit to the staff who did everything they could to ensure my stay was comfortable.

Extra special mention goes to Michelle on Reception who was lovely, friendly and even went out of her way to get my room upgraded to a studio. I was given a full explanation of the hotel's policies.

I'd e mailed ahead and requested an earlier check in which had been noted and was efficiently honoured.

The studio offers some more space in the way of a small 'living room' - and on a two night stay purely for leisure, this was most appreciated and welcomed.

The rooms are comfortably furnished and climate controlled by air conditioning which was effective and efficient. The sofa was comfortable, as was the bed with its crisp, fresh and ultra clean smelling linen.

A generous tray of complimentary tea and coffee with biscuits add to the quality of the room, including a bottle of water. (All replenished on the second day).

The bathroom was clean and fresh with a large walk in shower. A raindrop effect which is both relaxing and calming.

In the wardrobe was an iron and ironing board, hair dryer, two extra pillows and another set of towels. It seems no small detail was overlooked.

A massive bonus at the hotel is the free wifi. As it should be in this day and age - not like other hotels I've stayed in and paid through the nose.

Car parking is subsidised at a very reasonable £4.50/day is easily accessible, right next to the hotel.

The room ha a large flatscreen TV with an extensive selection of movies on demand - as well as full freeview.

No detail was left to chance. Housekeeping were efficient and thorough and pleasant too.

This is my fourth visit to the hotel, in close driving distance to Startford and Conventry's centre and my fifth visit is already booked.

Opposite the hotel is a small row of shops - a news agents, off licence, cafe, restaurants and a couple of fast food outlets.

It seems all your needs are met!

Bravo Ramada for excellent customer service - I had a truly relaxing stay and could not have asked for a more pleasant stay.

Room Tip: I always request a room on a high floor - peace and tranquility - (though you can get noise from the...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Hi Simmeringsammy,

I and my team are so pleased you have taking the time to write such a detailed review, feedback is always so crucial to enable my team and I to continually improve our services.

We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your recent visit, and I would like to say a special thank you for your mention of one of my team by name, we offer all our team the opportunity for employee of the month recognition, and your comments and all those of our guests help us in our decisions - I will be sure to share your review with the team.

Thanks again for taking your own time to give us feedback, and we all hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

We were visiting friends in Coventry and chose the hotel purely because it was 1 min away from our friends' place and seemed a decent hotel. We had to book a superior room since there were no standard rooms available on laterooms.com. The superior room was GBP10.00 more expensive and I have the feeling those were worth paying. I had asked for a room on a high floor and we did get one on the last floor with a beautiful view in the evening. The room was nice, spacious, clean, modern, very nice bathroom as well. No bath in the bathroom, shower only, we didn't mind, even on the contrary, however be aware if you are a hot bath fan.
I had a coffee and cake in the afternoon in the lobby bar. It was nice and quiet. The waitress was really helpful. The menu with cakes/deserts was quite limited, I did asked if they had any chocolate deserts and she said they do have chocolate cake. Few minutes later, she came back appologizing they were out of it, nothing wrong in that and she did offered a carrot cake. And what a carrot cake it was! Absolutely delicious! And since I am a coffee lover, I had quite a specific order how much water I want in my coffee, etc. Not only she made it as I want, but the lady had an extra shot of espresso for me (free of charge!), totally exceeding my expectations! So for a simple coffee and cake in the afternoon, I was impressed with the service and with the attention to detail and level of service...oh, and on the top of that, it turns out there was a special offer - coffee and cake for which I paid less than GBP 4.00!
We had dinner at our friends place, so couldn't try the food in the restaurant, but the menu looked tempting. Might be pricy though, if you are not on a business trip.
Breakfast - quite good, with variety of options, but the best part of it is that it is until 11.30 am! Well done on that bit! Nothing better to get the chance to sleep till 10.30 on Sunday, and yet, not to miss the breakfast! Also - it would cost us GBP 10.00 per person getting the breakfast added to our booking on laterooms.com, but when we arrived it turned out that it is GBP 7.50 per person when you book it on check in, so we decided to give it go and it was definitely worth it!
So if you need a place for a night over the weekend - I would recommend Ramada.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi RodostVV,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your recent visit with the hotel, it is always a pleasure to surpass our guests expectations.

I and the team hope to see you again soon, and Im sure on your next visit we will have some of our chefs chocolate cake, it is popular mind you so does go quickly!

Also if you are a fan of baths versus showers, our suite apartments on the upper floors of the hotel not only offer superb views and have a very spacious lounge suite, they also are fully serviced with a bath and shower.

Hope to see you again soon, and until then.....

Reviewed November 18, 2012

I stayed here for one night on business in October. The staff were pleasant, welcoming and efficient. My room had everything I needed, and was clean, fresh and comfortable. Lovely comfortable and warm bed. There was a fault with the phone and the staff could not have been more helpful in correcting it, even to the point of putting through a call to home to ensure no-one was worried back at home.
Good range of food at breakfast, but best of all, a freshly poached egg, served almost quicker than the bread could toast. A perfect way to start my working day. Thanks to you all.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Thanks Norah Y for your review.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay and that my team were able to make your stay as comfortable as possible.

I will be sure to pass on your review to the team. Thanks for taking your own time to write to give us feedback.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed November 18, 2012

This hotel is easy to find and great if you're driving, as there is a car park with direct access to the hotel next door.
Room was pleasant (what you would expect for the price) and well equipped (e.g. ironing board). Friendly / relaxing bar & restaurant area, serving average food. Enjoyed the breakfast.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for your review.

I and my team greatly enjoy when a guest takes their own time to provide feedback. I will be sure to share your review with the team.

We all hope to welcome you back to coventry in the future, and until then we wish you well.

Kindest Regards

Reviewed November 17, 2012

The exterior of the hotel does nothing for its' interior, it is lovely inside. The bedrooms are fully equipped, the staff are polite and helpful and we had a brilliant night's sleep. We couldn't fault the hotel for anything! We will definately be staying here in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Mike S, General Manager at Ramada Hotel & Suites Coventry, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2012

Hi

Thank you so much for your review, we are so pleased you enjoyed your stay, and I will most certainly make sure my team are aware of your positive comments.

We all very much look forward to seeing you again, and do look out for special deals direct on our website through the winter period.

Reviewed November 14, 2012

The hotel was chosen for its location and price. However, I would return knowing the service and room quality.

The check in was quick and friendly. Information was provided on everything I could possibly need to know about the hotel. This is often skipped by some hotels so I appreciated the information.

My room was on the top floor so had views over the city. They were also hypnotic. The room was spacious, modern and comfy. The bathroom was clean and a generous size. However, the room stated it was a power shower and it was not.

Room service was ordered. The food choice was good and service was prompt.

There was a good choice of food available for breakfast. An omelette and green tea was ordered, and readily delivered to the table.

The hotel provided a good nights stay away from home and will return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for your detailed feedback, and we all are so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us.

We do hope you will come back and see us again soon.