“Can't wait to go back”

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Can't wait to go back”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a friends birthday celebrations, stayed in the outside lodges which were very clean and well maintained. The staff were very helpful in arranging surprise buckets of prosecco on ice to our rooms whilst we were having dinner and TOM the night shift worker could not have made our stay any more enjoyable, very professional yet still friendly. Would definitely come back again!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Slyleigh
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your stay, it is great to read you had such a good time, your comments will be passed through to the whole team.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

John Hawley

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
swansea wales
Reviewed May 1, 2014

We arrived late and I had 3 minutes to put my case in the lodge room. Reception assured me that the bed was a good size, but it was minute. A very small single.
As preperation for a Monastic life, the room size could have been attractive,but otherwise it would be considered as minuscule.
I experienced a very poor nights sleep and a much earlier awakening than I needed.
The main building seemed less noisy and the staff generally were helpful and pleasant.

Room Tip: Keep away from the lodges by the main road
Dear Guest,

I would like to apologise for your disappointment concerning your room, your comments have been passed through to all concerned to ensure this is looked at and that improvements can be made.

Again please accept my apologies.

Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Me and my husband recently got married at this hotel on the 19th April 2014. I stayed over the night before and had the luxury of visiting the pool and Jacuzzi. The facilities were clean and well kept. We had a evening meal in the hotel restaurant and the food was of a very high quality and the staff were very pleasant and catered to our needs. The room we stayed in was clean and had an amazing view of the golf course. I would recommend this hotel if you were thinking of a place to get married. All our needs were met and the day went brilliantly well and most of it was down to Helen Farnsworth and Mark Taylor. They both made sure we were happy with the way the day was going and they also made sure our guests felt welcome. They made our wedding perfect and we cant thank them enough for the amazing job they did. The food again was of a high standard and all of our guest commented on how lovely it was, the service we received through out the sit down meal was quick and professional the waiting staff were pleasant and added to the experience. The hotel grounds were kept beautifully so we could have perfect pictures and we were even allowed to have our photo’s taken down by the lake. The hotel has a lovely chapel which is separate from the main building and only used for weddings, this is what made us choose this wonderful hotel as we were not shoved in a conference room like most hotels, the chapel made our wedding that extra bit special. Breakfast in the morning was super and very warm and had a wide range of selection, again the staff were brilliant. Thank you Windmill Hotel for giving us a special day to remember forever.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sarah T
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concering your wedding, it is great to see you had such a great day, your comments has been passed through to Helen and Mark and all of our staff which worked on the day.

We do hope you will visit us again soon.

Solihull, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 27, 2014 via mobile

9.95 for 2 courses was a good deal and the meal was very enjoyable turkey, beef or pork with a good selection of new and roast pots, peas, carrots, ratatouille, cabbage, parsnips, pigs in blankets, stuffing and Yorkshire. All were tasty. Apple sauce was nice with a flavour of cinnamon.

Restaurant was clean and service was good, fairly busy with more than 3 quarters of the tables taken (we booked)

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments concerning your Sunday lunch in our Fairways Restaurant, it is great to see you had such a good time and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.

S
Reviewed April 23, 2014

Excellent Hotel. Staff were really friendly, and hotel was very clean. Stayed with my Sister in a Twin room. All usual expected facilities but with an added bonus, we had an amazing view from our room with patio doors leading to a small patio with furniture. Sitting out in the sun was perfect ! Can't recommend highly enough.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western GB

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments it is great to see you enjoyed your stay, we hope to see you again soon.

Southport
Reviewed April 20, 2014

I arrived on a Sunday for an early Monday morning in work and when it is quiet, I always enquire about the cost of an upgrade, this time especially as my wife was coming down mid week. Kelly the receptionist upgraded me (I missed out on the fairway view as the room needed cleaning) and was allocated room 204, which overlooks the front door of the hotel, small parking bay.

Room 204 is old world, a Standard lamp in the corner, large bedside lamps from the 1950. But well decorated and great towels and bed -- a standard size (shame), two easy chairs and a small round table that is too high for the chairs.

As it was Sunday and Kelly had mentioned some of the guests like the lodge building (converted barns?/) I asked to look, hopeful it would be less 1950's. Room 17 - a motel room - small shower room - and worst - small TV bracketed on the wall, too small a room for a table. Bed did look bigger - but not as soft as 204. - I escaped back to room 204

The Lodges have parking nearby - but you have to be quick and an overflow car park. The main hotel a sizeable car part 50 metres away.

The room is well appointed, teas, chocolate and good biscuits. A 1960's tv cabinet with a pull out flat screen - pulls out 2 inches - useless, TV is not that large

Breakfast is served in the fairway restaurant, dinner later. Opens at 06.30am, and the first 25 guests get to order their English breakfast (smoked salmon is good), then they go to buffet - usual suspects and back to orders as the end 09.30 draws near. Their is a full continental fruit etc, too. And you can cut your own bread off a loaf - nice touch. Staff are attentive, but my wife was almost ignored at 08.30am, when she first went.

The spa and facilities are good, but I feel the pool could do with a good clean. There is a walking in (oddest I have ever seen) Jacuzzi fed from the pool so cold bubbles. Stream room seats 10, sauna the same. Watch for the tricky showers pool side and count to 20 before you get in, a cold

We decided to do dinner and the hotel allowed us to change room rate to taken up the £20 - three course meal. The food was good 9you can have anything off the menu). Starters odd, the mains Robs HUGE - too much meat and red cabbage? and cheese and biscuits, but no butter, but the service poor. Inattentive. We were asked and gave feed back - they looked surprised. We went the golf club bar and discovered it does nice meals - fish and chips, burger etc.

The manager came to speak, as he had been told about the feed back in the restaurant and as we said we would have drinks in the bar since we had waited 15 minutes at table, he has come to find us as he wanted feedback. He sat and we talked and he offered to buy us a drink. Nice touch - declined. He is aware that the staff need training.

The hotel main building is a nice traditional hotel, Alarm call you ring and then they call each day = and free wifi.

Sadly a back injury stopped me walking more. the course looks good. The golf course is fully used by locals, as is the fitness and spa. My wife did the Spa day at £89 (lunch included) and had a good full day.

Finally - one odd thing. Their were two bulbs out in the room, one in the standard lamp which I reported and were fixed that day = the standard lamp was removed and never came back.

Note to manager == sell the tv cabinet and replace the table with a lower one, and a nice table and bigger TV - please.

Room Tip: Room 203 = overlooks the golf course, but I never got it. Go to breakfast before 7am if you are on...
Darlington, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 14, 2014

Stayed in this hotel for 3 x nights last week, at first all seemed fine. Breakfast was ok as long as you could find the bacon and sausage that was cooked on both sides, if you look hard enough you may find it. The next evening I returned to my room to find no bed made, no bathroom cleaned "nothing" upon reporting this at reception I was asked if I had left anything on the bed as the room maids would not make it, I had not left anything on the bed but I thought this surely would not stop them from cleaning the bathroom, a fob off I think. Next morning the toilet would not flush, the next morning after that there was no hot water, another lame excuse from the reception staff came my way. A VERY POOR EXPERIENCE, AND I CERTAINLY WILL NOT RETURN.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I do apologise for your experince at our Hotel, your visit will be investigated with all departments involved as this is not the experience we wish our guest's to recieve, we pride ourselves on our service and facilities so I am sorry to read of your disappointment.

Please accept my apologies.

Best Regards

John Hawley
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Coombe Abbey Hotel
Premier Inn Coventry City Centre (Earlsdon Park) Hotel
Quality Hotel Coventry
Quality Hotel Coventry
#18 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!