Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
$72
$94
$78
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$68
PremierInn.com
Travelocity
$34
TripAdvisor
1,055 results
All reviewscellar barfairways restaurantgolf breakdual carriagewaymain buildingsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubroad noisechanging roomsrestaurant staffcourse dinnerchristmas partybed and breakfastwedding venueone night staywedding reception
Reviewed April 7, 2014

Stayed for a wedding, but I won't be back. The room was dirty and facilities in it of very poor quality: for example, the iron wasn't capable of removing the creases from a new shirt; despite ordering a family room, we had a normal room with two temporary beds - one had to be replaced as slats were missing and my 6 year old daughter fell through when she sat on it.
The hotel was full, but on both mornings there wasn't any hot water for me to shower, so it obviously can't cope with capacity.
Despite reserving space in the restaurant for 68 people, they were unable to cope with the party (which was actually about 40) and allocated one waiter (who I felt very sorry for) to our section - he couldn't cope. It was hardly as if it was a surprise last minute booking! Regrettably, we ordered a starter which took a really unreasonable time to arrive. Some smiles from the staff might have helped?!
Overall, very disappointed!

Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Simon B
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded April 18, 2014

Dear Guest,

I was sorry to read of your disappointment concerning your recent stay, I can assure you your visit will be investigated so this does not happen again.

All guest comments are throughly looked into with every department to ensure procedures are looked at and amended to enhance guest satisfaction.

Again I would like to apologise for your disappointment.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We were in one of the chalet rooms which was cold and smelt of damp.The toilet roll holder was having off the wall in the bathroom. The bed was uncomfortable (lumpy) and the mattress and pillows had plastic covers on. It wasn't noisy from the cars on the A45 as expected or the cars passing our window but from the smokers attending a function until it started to rain! Breakfast food was ok but service was poor. The numerous staff appeared to be in a trance. Reception staff were super. I happened to look at the photos of rooms on the website, there was no comparison to the room we were given.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JuliaT482

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments, I would like to apologise for your disappointment with your room and breakfast, here at our hotel we are always striving to ensure we offer our best service at all times and I can assure you your comments will be passed through to the whole team to ensure our guest and room experience is improved.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

I booked a KGB deal for an overnight spa break for two with breakfast and dinner on 29th March. Overall our stay was good - spa treatments were good, pool/sauna/gym were good, and we had a lovely three course meal in the restaurant. Our room was a twin room in one of the village rooms outside of the main hotel block (and incidentally next to a busy main road) which initially concerned me, however traffic noise did not disturb us. The room itself was clean and tidy, and had good facilities (toiletries and hairdryer etc). The main thing that let the hotel down during our stay was breakfast. I understand that a large group from a sports team were staying at the hotel at the same time, however the breakfast team were massively understaffed/unprepared to cope with this -

1. On arrival to the breakfast room we had to wait 10 minutes to be seated, and were greeted with dirty tables waiting clearing all around us
2. Breakfast was served until 10am, and when we arrived at 9:30am, there was literally nothing left - nothing had been replenished for ages (no continental items such as croissants, fruit salad, yoghurts, milk, or any type of fruit juice) and the cooked items that were available were definitely on the cold side
3. We had to ask for a pot of tea to be brought to our table (after waiting 10 minutes after being seated) and when this was brought to us it was not accompanied by a jug of milk or sugar... And so we had to again ask for this and incur another wait
4. We had to ask for more plates to be brought out for the cooked items, as well as cutlery

All in all it was extremely poor and very disappointing, based on the great meal we had eaten the night before in the same room. I am sure that we were not the only guests that felt like this as there were other people waiting near the empty juice dispensers for more juice/glasses to be brought out (which guests had to ask staff for!) - not sure if this was just a one off incident, but surely it would have been known that a large group were staying and staff numbers should have reflected this - I felt sorry for the staff that I could see as they really were running around like headless chickens and looked really unable to cope and keep on top of the many tables that needed clearing, guests to serve and breakfast items to replenish.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments and apologise for your breaklfast experience, this will be looked at to ensure improvements are made as here at our hotel we pride ourselves on our service.

I do hope you will consider to use us again in the future when you are in the area.

Reviewed March 30, 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a "relaxing spa break". Nothing could be further from the truth. The "Spa" consists of a swimming pool, sauna and steam room. At the time we went to use it, it was completely over occupied and resembled public swimming baths, kids jumping into the pool, continually going in and out of the sauna and steam rooms leaving us unable to relax at all. The room was very small and noisy to the point that we could hear the conversation of people in neighbouring rooms clearly. Evening meal experience not good either. We requested items from the menu without salad dressing and without side order sauces - meal came and the request was totally ignored! Breakfast was so busy that no tables laid when we arrived, items on buffet kept running out and not replenished in good time. Not relaxing at all. It would seem that the staff were unable to cope with the volume of guests.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Tim P
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Stayed on Business overnight on the 27th.

After an intense day exhibiting at the NEC I was grateful to find that the hotel booked for my overnight accommodation was less than 5 minutes from the centre - perfect.

I was unsure what to expect and had set my standards low given my past experiences with Best Western of dilapidated and aged decor. However I was surprised to find this particular hotel to be more 'modernised' and cleaner cut that your average Best Western. Stayed in Room 225 and can't fault the room facilities and amenities itself. What I will say is that I could hear every word of the conversations from room 226 including their half hourly visits to the toilets - the walls are paper thin! If you're a light sleeper, this probably is not the place for you. Sound proofing between rooms is not great. Views across the course were absolutely outstanding, just a shame it was a dreary day.

Did not try the Spa facilities therefore cannot comment.

Food is priced very well for a hotel with a sirloin steak coming in at around the £20 mark. Had asked for medium but was delivered rare. Food was not great. I attempted to flag down one of the Waitresses though they were not very attentive even though it seemed to be rather quiet in the restaurant.

Breakfast choice was great if a little cold. Again, waitresses seemed a little distant.

In general, it was a rather pleasant visit. In summary, the only negatives would be the seeming lack of sound proofing and the service in the restaurant. The latter could just be down to a 'bad day' so I wouldn't dwell too much on that.

I would most definitely stay at the Hotel again.

Stayed: March 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your comments concerning your recent stay, it is great to see you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to you visiting us again when you are in the area.