Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
$31
$94
$78
  • Restaurant
The Jacobean Hotel(Coventry)(Great Value!)
$51
$70
PremierInn.com
$68
PremierInn.com
1,055 results
All reviewscellar barfairways restaurantgolf breakdual carriagewaymain buildingsauna and steam roomleisure facilitiesleisure clubroad noisechanging roomsrestaurant staffcourse dinnerchristmas partybed and breakfastwedding venueone night staywedding reception
Reviewed October 21, 2013

We went for a family get-together and for the Sunday Carvery. The first course was quite good and the meat from the carvery was more than ample, although the beef and gammon were a bit overcooked. The potatoes and vegetables looked a bit tired, having been well cooked. Sunday lunch at home is soooo much bettter!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2013

Stayed here recently whilst attending a conference and as part of a larger group.

Negatives
The hotel does not look that impressive on first arrival and inside looks a bit dated.
As I was there as part of a two day conference, I found that the rooms were separated upstairs/ downstairs, so I was moving around a lot from room to room. This wasn't too bad as it gave you a chance every hour or so to stretch your legs.
The toilets were quite far away from the rooms too.
The hotel room was a standard double (used for single occupancy) and this was fine for one person. It may have been a bit of a squash if there were two of us in the one room.

Positives
Reception staff were very polite, friendly and helpful
The hotel was clean and tidy
The room that I had was adequate. Had everything that I would need, tea/ coffee with kettle, iron and ironing board, hairdryer, wardrobe, toiletries, fresh towels, comfortable bed (with extra blankets should you need them), TV.
I also had a nice sized balcony (which would be great during summer months), but I did have a splendid view of the golf course/ lake and was able to watch the sun set early evening which I found a bonus.
Check in / out was easy and I was able to store my luggage bag with reception whilst continuing the second day of the conference.

Restaurant / Food

We had a buffet lunch provided for us on the first day, which was a variety of different foods, including salmon fillets, chicken, sandwiches, salad, chips, pizza slices and also fruit. All dietary needs were met.

Evening dinner was a three course dinner (choice of 3 things). The restaurant was a very nice setting. We were part of a group dining at the same time (and there was also a wedding reception going on at the hotel) so the food took a little longer than I think it should have to arrive at tables. But saying that, it was worth the wait. I had a duck salad, lamb with duphonoise potatoes and then a chocolate fondant for desert. Each part of the menu was delicious, I really enjoyed it.

Breakfast was held in the restaurant and there was a choice of fruits, pastries and cereals as well as cooked breakfast self service. Standard was scrambled or fried eggs but you could also order poached eggs or fish which some did. Again, the breakfast was very nice and certainly not a bog standard buffet breakfast.

Lunch was also held in the restaurant with the group. And we had a two course lunch including Sunday lunch (beef/ turkey or ham) or Fish. With a desert of either chocolate mouse or apple and pear crumble. Again, no complaints as far as food is concerned it was all very nice and lots to choose from.

Although I did not get to use the Spa / Leisure facilities I did view the pool which looked very nice.

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the Windmill Hotel, and I may possibly try and gather together the girls for a Spa weekend in the future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony over looking the golf course (just for the view)
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2013

Stayed here recently for a golf trip. Good location. Superb food considering the cost. The lamb would have graced a top restaurant and been value at the £20 mark. Starter of goats cheese fritters also very good. The cheese wasn't great and butter should have been available. Also wanted to charge us £1 for extra bread rolls which is frankly very petty.

Rooms very basic and as sold as a twin should have been separated. Bathroom disproportionately huge.

Golf course in very good condition. Overall excellent value.

Breakfast not great. 5/10. Needs fresher ingredients and hash browns/black pudding.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 3, 2013

This is our second visit whilst attending Grand Designs at the NEC. Well situated for NEC but more importantly one of the best hotels for cleanliness; really lovely rooms and bathrooms; £120 bed, breakfast and 3-course evening meal for 2!! My partner had the best pudding ever and requested the recipe from the fabulous chef who kindly obliged. Wholeheartedly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank Jayne C
Reviewed October 1, 2013

We recently stayed at this hotel whilst working at the NEC in Birmingham, from a location perspective it was ideal only a few minutes drive from the NEC. Also from a cost perspective it was also very reasonably priced in relation to other hotels in the area.

We were only there for a short space of time but found the staff to be friendly and very helpful, the room was clean but a bit tired and in need of a bit of TLC in places particularly the windows which when we drew the curtains back in the morning we noticed were in dire need of cleaning/repainting.

Other than that though a pleasant stay, I wouldn't go here on holiday but for a one/two night business stay it was ideal.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business