“Busy but Good Golf Hotel”

Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed June 2, 2013

I recently stayed three nights at this very busy hotel. The staff are very good and I had one of the chalet rooms outside, this I think was an upgrade as I am a Best Western Rewards Diamond member. We ate in the restaurant for dinner and the meal was very good with a very attentive head waiter. Overal it was a very good experience and best of all the cost was very good booked in advance on line.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 1, 2013

Our daughter was recently married (May 11th) at the Windmill Village Hotel and we would like to say what a wonderful day it was. All the staff were extremely helpful and could not do enough for us. The wedding package was exceptionally good value and the service was first class. The feedback from family and friends was faultless, in fact everything was. We would like to thank the chef for the wonderful meal and the hog roast etc in the evening was equally as good. Most of all it was a day that our daughter and son in law will never forget. That goes for all of us. Thank you so much to Rachel and all the staff.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank brendabailey4
Reviewed May 29, 2013

My room was situated on the lower ground floor with patio doors with an extensive view of the golf course. Nicely decorated and comfortable although I would have preferred a firmer mattress.
Staff very pleasant and food good overall.
Swimming pool and steam room very relaxing with very few people using the facilities. Kept very clean.
Special offer meant that I paid less than £ 100 for dinner, bed and breakfast including drinks.

Reviewed May 29, 2013

Having stayed once before in the main hotel building I was disapointed to be allocated a room in one of the annexes.Not at all bad but a bit dated,with no view and fairly noisy.Hotel is OK,bar food was decent,drinks OK price-wise.Their charging system was playing up so you had to pay for food/drinks with cash or card and could not charge anything to the room.Breakfast was good too and the view over the golf course is pleasant.Staff were helpful enough without going out their way to impress.Nothing wrong with this hotel-just nothing to get too excited over either.

Room Tip: Ask for the main hotel building not the annexe.
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I was given a spa break by my boyfriend as a birthday present and stayed at the Windmill Village Hotel. The whole experience was fantastic!
Firstly, you can't help but notice the beautiful setting that the hotel is set in. Reception were very friendly and efficient and couldn't do enough to help.
Although my room was quite small, it served its purpose and was very comfortable.
The spa facilities were great and the staff on hand were very friendly and helpful arranging lunch times and menus etc.
The services at the in the actual beauty spa were impeccable as well. Definitely recommend a massage and/or facial, was fabulous!
The food was brilliant too with a huge room service selection as well and so much choice for breakfast.
Would definitely recommend this hotel! Thank you to all the staff for making my stay so enjoyable!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We spent one night here and enjoyed our stay. Our room was on the ground floor, and we had a nice view out over the golf course. There was a good sized bath (always a bonus), and the bed was reasonably comfy. One or two odd looking stains on the furnishings & carpet.

We brought two dogs with us (nothing to do with the stains!), and the front desk were relaxed about this.

We had dinner in the hotel that evening, and the dining room is very modern and spacious. Slightly odd drinks service (bottles put on the table without glasses) & a tough steak, but we enjoyed the food overall.

Well located for Coventry. We'd stay again.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed May 25, 2013

Spent a couple of mid week nights at the Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel. As I was in Coventry for work I had forgotten to check what leisure facilities the hotel had but had I brought a swimsuit and /or gym kit I could have made use of the 20 meter pool and leisure centre all included. As it was I had a quiet en suite room with a balcony and a panoramic view of the golf course in which the hotel is situated.

Reception staff were cheerful and helpful; Breakfast is the typical buffet style found in most English hotels, in a pleasant dining area overlooking the gold course - it doubles as a resataurant in addition to a bar that serves food - neither of which I had time to explore. The hotel's variable signage would definitely benefit with the addition of a sign that simply points to 'Breakfast' along the corridors as there is a bit of a maze to reach the dining area/restaurant and many conference venues already laid out along the route. Each morning on my way back from breakfast I was met by puzzled people looking for the dining area. At breakfast you can apparently order specific style eggs in addition to the buffet's scrambled variety though it was unclear to me exactly who to ask as I seldom saw any staff in the breakfast area.

In the bedroom there are tea/coffee making facilities plus biscuit and a good range of TV channels provided. A bath with overhead shower, nice thirsty towels and a range of accompanying bath products contributed to a relaxing soak, though English hotels have no standardised system of taps so it took a while not to get splashed by the overhead shower and the temperature control needed some explorationj - but was perfect once discovered.

My accommodation was paid for by a client company and I suspect I had the 'superior' class room though there are a range available. The hotel is located about a 10- 20 minute taxi ride from the rail station though not within walking distance of any shops or similar.

Taxi companies are somewhat variable in the area. I can definitely recommend the Metro Taxi company that stepped in promptly when I would have been left standing for an entire hour in the cold thanks to the tardiness of Allan's Taxi company - security where I was working said Allan's turned eventually turned up after an hour without any apology- he sent them on their way. Metro arrived always 5 minutes ahead of booked time, helped with my bag and made the process effortless and worry free.

Room Tip: The rooms on one side have a wonderfully panoramic view of the golf course and suoorunds - see pictu...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Village Hotel Coventry
#3 of 39 in Coventry
Macdonald Ansty Hall
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!