“Spa - amazing massage”

Ranked #9 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Spa - amazing massage”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Had a great weekend. The massage with Rachel was absolutely amazing. Ask for her. The spa rooms are beautiful. The pool area needs more relaxing chairs as there were only 3 available - this was the only down side to the weekend. Food was great and the staff extremely helpful. Will go again as soon as they do the finishing touches to the pool area. Recommend highly.

Room Tip: Rooms over looking golf course - great
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (215)
  • Polish first
Reviewed March 30, 2013

We are currently staying at the hotel till bank holiday Monday. We are staying as part of a small group for wedding near by. We all think the hotel is good value for money more so with a child as we have the pool to entertain him. We eat at the fairways restaurant last night which was lovely but some things were a little over priced I thought. However we found out you can have dinner bed and breakfast for an extra £20 per head but only if you book in advance before arriving. Which I think is great value for money for the quality which is high.

The only thing I would say that let's it down a little is that my parents were put in a room that is really for a single bed and not a double. This is noticeable from the moment you go in the room as there is only a single head board not a double as in our room and the other couples rooms. Plus the wardrobe doors but up against the side of the bed so you can't open the doors without being to one side. Then you can't get to the clothes inside without sitting on the bed with your feet up. However when we asked to move rooms they said they could but they would have to move to an outside room which we chose not to do. But my point being is that they shouldn't really have a double bed squished in a single bed room then charge you for a double.

But other then that we are generally happy with the hotel. We would come again however make sure we request actual double rooms not double beds in a single room.

1 Thank Twiggy534
Coventry
Reviewed March 24, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the Windmill for 1 night dinner bed & breakfast. The hotel is large with lots if good facilities. The room was ok but could have done with a new carpet. The bathroom had recently been installed & was very clean. Dinner & breakfast were very good. Staff friendly & helpful. I would certainly recommend this hotel to others.

1 Thank stellavodka
Reviewed March 22, 2013

The hotel is good, but the first non smoking room I checked into stank of smoke as soon as I checked in, swapped me to another room. No problem with that but house keeping must have smelt the smoke and should have dealt with it.

Went for a shower, cold water. Asked at reception thinking something was broke, nothing broke apparently I was using the shower at a popular time, around 6pm after a days work. The same in the morning, so get up early or late if you like hot water.

Food and service was very good, nice cellar bar.

1 Thank Derek1968
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
I would like to thank you for your review regarding the hot water during your stay, I would like to apologise for this, we are aware of this issue and our boilers are being repaired to ensure this does not happen again.

Here at our Hotel we pride ourselves on a facilites and service and I do hope we will see you again in the future.
Spennymoor, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013 via mobile

When I booked this hotel, I wanted a hotel with a pool. Also needed to be on the way back from Luton. I checked loads of different locations and stumbled across this hotel. I was going a bit off course but it looked a nice hotel at a really good price. When I arrived it looked nice and inviting with ample parking place. When I checked in, a request I had on my booking wasnt on their system (booked through an agent and not direct). They quickly sorted the request of a cot and put us into a bigger room. Staff was really nice and made us feel welcome. After we got settled in our room, we went to the bar for a drink. This was also really nice and inviting and comfortable. Not badly priced either for a hotel bar. We also sampled the restaurant for our evening meal. The staff were very professional and polite and made us feel really welcome. The menu sounded very nice but this was a Monday night in march. Would the food be as nice as described, well the answer was yes! The food was top notch, presentation and taste were excellent. I was really pleased that I booked in here and left the restaurant satisfied. The next day we had breakfast in the same restaurant and again wasnt disappointed. The food was really nice and good quality and more importantly was hot. Nothing had been left to go cold and there was plenty of choice. After this we checked out the pool and it was more than adequate for what we wanted and enjoyed our time in the pool. Overall we had a great time at this hotel and would definitely visit this hotel again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My sister had a her wedding at the Windmill Village in January 2013.

I was really impressed with the staff and believe me, I am not easy to impress. They really contributed to making the whole expereince really special. They were so helpful and friendly. The level of customer service offered at this hotel is the best I have ever experienced (genuinely). They couldn't do enough for us, without being instrusive or annoying.

And the food! The food was absolutely gorgeous.

The brial party ate at the restaurant the night before the wedding and we were hoping that the wedding breakfast would be even half as good. We needn't have worried- the wedding breakfast food was beautiful.

My sister and her (then) fiance got an excellent deal on their wedding package, I would say to any couple planning a wedding, condider getting married here- it's a great venue, the food is fabulous and the service you will receive will make your day amazing.

My sister had her perfect day. Thank you Windmill Village.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 15, 2013

We live only a short distance away from this hotel and the restaurant is certainly our choice for Sunday Lunch. Priced at £9.99 for two courses & 1p for pudding. There is a choice of starters & sweets and an excellent carvery with a selection of freshly cooked meats. The vegetables are freshly cooked & plenty of choice. Food is always nicely presented. The restaurant is large & overlooks the golf course with views over the open countryside. Staff are always friendly. Excellent choice for family lunch or a special occasion.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Village Hotel Coventry
Best Western Plus Birmingham NEC Meriden Manor Hotel
Quality Hotel Coventry
Quality Hotel Coventry
#20 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!