“Really lovely wedding venue, lovely reception staff”

Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Coventry
Reviewed August 26, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for one night with a large proportion of our family for a family wedding. It was really lovely as a wedding venue but beyond anything the reception staff are just lovely and make this hotel
My room was small but very pleasant with a balcony overlooking the golf course and perfect for my little dog who was welcomed with open arms
My room was boiling!!!
Lovely proper single bed for our toddler.
My husband toddler daughter and little cousin used the pool which was fab and the gym looked amazing
They could do with more for kids a swing and slide would be good and a kiddie corner or something similar would be a welcome break
The function room is amazing but oddly they served the children's meals after the adults which us totally wrong in my eyes but the waiting staff and manager didn't give a toot about it
I doubt I would need to stay here again but it was nice and the reception staff are very accommodating and welcoming

• Stayed: August 2012

Reviewed August 20, 2012

Stayed here 3 nights, Friday to Monday. Comfortable hotel, near to NEC which we wanted as we were attending an event there. Also wanted somewhere to play golf - so got the best of both worlds. Room and bathroom clean and tidy, but a bit small. Service good, food excellent. Golf good as well. However, not really up to the 'plus ' category. Some areas looking a bit tired, net curtains in room needed a good wash, restaurant staff needed cleaner aprons, outside furniture could do with some attention, wine late at dinner because they couldn't find a cork screw! Small niggles, I know but just got the feeling that management might have taken its eye 'off the ball'. Needs nipping in the bud before it starts to accelerate down the slippery slope

1  Thank Jane_John_B
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2012

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding you stay, all our guest feed back is very important to us to ensure we deliver the correct service, your comments regarding your room and Restaurant have been passed through to the deparment heads to ensure we improve in certain areas.

Again Thank you for your comments and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

Our second visit ..and even better than the first. Given a room upgrade - good start. Room very comfortable and spacious with a four-poster bed. Hotel facilities include a nice pool, gym and access to the adjoining golf course. Limited time on visit meant we only used the pool - may take the golf clubs next time.
Highlight here is the fabulous food available for dinner. The menu offers a wide choice and the flavour combinations may appear a little adventurous but, trust me, they work a treat - absolutely delicious and a credit to the chef's hard work. I would like to stay a week and work my way through the whole menu.
Staff are very polite and helpful and breakfast/dinner service difficult to fault.
We will be going back. (The hotel is very handy for the NEC and other Midlands venues).

Room Tip: Rooms near the golf course (south side) are quieter.
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Stayed for 2 nights the room was fine it was one of the chalet rooms, big bathroom and clean. On the downside the headboard was really nasty plastic would be better if it was wood and the duvet was far too hot, would have been nice to have had a seperate sheet to put over us at night.
The staff were overall friendly and helpful.
Sadly the food lets the hotel down. There is nothing vastly wrong with the food it just isnt very good, i had ham hock and black pudding for a starter and it was really salty, my husband had the crab and it tasted of nothing, it was too cold and watery. My husbands steak main was fine but I wasnt asked how I wanted my lamb and when it arrived it was tender but overcooked, wasnt even remotely pink. also had to wait a long time for a glass of champagne by the time it arrived I had almost finished my meal.
Breakfast was really not good at all, poached eggs tasted sweet (no idea what they were cooked in) bacon was cold, tomatoes hard and fried bread tated of pure grease. On the second morning I asked for boiled eggs, they were ok but a bit watery and again even though we saw it bought out the bacon was once again cold.
It is a nice enough hotel and you can sit outside the bar and overlook the golf course and to be fair at £80.00 per night B&B not expensive, but the food really did let it down just a little morte attention and it would be fine for a short stay if you are in the area.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay, your feed back regarding your food had been passed through to our Chef to ensure this is looked at, our housekeeper has also been made aware of the room which you stayed in to look at the headboard and duvet.

Again thank you for your comments all guest feedback is very important to us to ensure we move the Hotel in the right direction.

Reviewed August 11, 2012

The rooms were clean although always seemed too hot, most of the people I was with complained about this.

The breakfast was really good as was the bar and restaurant food. The problem with the bar was on three occasions during the week of my stay, two of the male team leaders were telling off the junior bar and waiting staff in front of the customers, and the whole atmosphere was unpleasant. This area needs some work and was the main reason for my not returning to the hotel in the following months.

The health club and pool were great and for those who understand golf it must be incredible live on a golf course.

So all the ingredients are there but something is missing.

• Stayed: July 2012
John H, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2012

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay, all of our guest feed back is very important to ensure we keep moving our hotel in the right direction, and would like to thank you for choosing The Best Western Plus Windmill Village Hotel.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

Our room was a family room with balcony overlooking the golf course
Room facilities were good and clean
could maybe have a couple of chairs on balcony to sit out
Restaurant service was good in fact all staff were lovely
Swimming pool was a big hit with the grandaughter and we swam every day

one drawback was hotel was on a one way road and you have to go quite far to turn and go the other way

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your comments, your feedback is very important to us, we are very happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 9, 2012

Our stay here was pre Olympic event so 8 of us out of the family stayed. Very pleasant with lovely views over the golf course, 2 twin rooms were very comfortable,clean and of a good size The family room was in the older part of the hotel but was ideal for parents and 2 children.
Breakfast good plenty to choose from. We used the swim pool and gym also of a good size.
The only comments I would make would be the rooms were very warm and the service in the bar for food was also slow.
Would we come back yes definitely and would recommend to others.

Room Tip: room 217 twin room room 3 family room
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your stay, I am very happy to see you enjoyed your stay, Our location is excellent for surrounding venues across the midlands with easy reach of all motorway networks.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coventry
Village Hotel Coventry
#3 of 39 in Coventry
Macdonald Ansty Hall
Macdonald Ansty Hall
#5 of 39 in Coventry

Been to Best Western Plus Coventry Windmill Village Hotel Golf & Spa? Share your experiences!