“Frang-tastic!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Frango's Restaurant - CLOSED

Frango's Restaurant
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Description: We aim to bring you tasty, authentic Portuguese inspired dishes. We offer free range chicken and a choice of fresh fish, flame-grilled on our barbecue with a selection of yummy starters and sides to satisfy any appetite! In addition to our delicious mains, all of our breads and desserts are home-made and inspired by traditional Portuguese flavours and created using locally sourced, fresh produce. Why not check out our selection of Portuguese beers & wines to compliment your meal? Then hit our cocktail bar to finish off!
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Frang-tastic!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2014

Went on Trip Advisor to choose a restaurant in Coventry and despite recent reviews to the contrary we (party of 6) we very happy with the overall experience. The staff were uber friendly and accommodating and the food was good. To the point where we actually got some free starters as we went during the Islamic time of eating after fasting!! I am not sure I see any issues with the type of meat served as long as it is high quality and tasty!! (#findushorsemeat!!). Coventry in my experience seems to be a very diverse student town and caters for all needs. I believe that the local Nandos is also a 'Halal' establishment. if its the killing of animals you are worried about then eating meat is probably not for you!! Frangos was good value for money and a nice evening out. Thanks in part to the Manager, Taz! Will be back...

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Christian S

Coventry, United Kingdom
“not sure what they're trying to do!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

Visited here afew months back hoping for either an authentic Portuguese grill or a Nandos-esque establishment. Unfortunately it was neither, people expecting Nandos would not enjoy their home made disaster 'peri-peri' sauce (never tasted worse). The bife steak was a good piece of steak but the menu was very misleading in suggesting I could pick how spicy it was cooked (suggesting it was a prego) yet it was just a plain steak not seasoned at all. I had a side of sweet potato in a honey sauce - this was okay but the sauce was far too sickly.

I write this review in hope that the owners realise that they're trying to do far too much and as a result deliver far too little! Massive disappointment won't be visiting again.

• Visited November 2013
3 Thank Jordao22
“amazing food and service quality, mind blowing environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

amazing food and service quality as well as mind blowing environment,made me feel warm welcome to the restaurant and come back again again to enjoy excellence.

2 Thank mohammad h
London, United Kingdom
“Interesting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2014

Upon arriving I found that the menu choices where very poor, there was items on the menu that where not labelled as vegetarian even though it was obvious it was vegetarian, there was no meet and great service at the front door even though they class themselves as a restaurant, the bar tender wasn’t interested or open to talk about a variety of cocktails he was very focused on sticking to the menu. On a positive note it was a very clean environment, the prices off drinks is pretty average and the choice of drinks where pretty average. Would recommend if you are after a no frills night but nothing to get too excited about.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

It was my girlfriends birthday and I had organised a surprise dinner. Was quite a drive, being from london, but was most definitely worth it. Omar Sheriff, the manager was very entertaining and friendly. The other staff members were upbeat and lively. Their choice of cocktails were very good and I ordered many things from the menu as I didn't know when i realistically would be back. Everything I ordered was well presented and tasty. I would definitely return. The food plus the environment provided an excellent night out. Best this year. Excellent for groups or couples.

1 Thank Rickael M