“Just what is says on the tin - good honest food”

The Good Honest Food Company
Ranked #41 of 570 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Cafe, British
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Buffet, Cash Only, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A small cafe in the heart of Allesley Village offering fresh, tasty food and a friendly welcome. We try to use as much locally sourced or locally produced ingredients as possible. All our meat comes from the local butcher, our bread from an independent baker in Kenilworth and our cheese from a small cheesemaker in Earlswood, Solihull. Our tea, coffee and hot chocolate are Fair Trade. We do not use or store any nut products on the premises. We offer gluten free options where possible including gluten free cakes that are made on the premises. All our cakes and sweet treats are made on the premises. We offer a range of Meals to Go to eat at work or home, either fresh or frozen, and we offer a limited local delivery service. We are happy to provide a range of outside catering that will be tailored to your needs.
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Just what is says on the tin - good honest food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 28, 2014

I found this welcoming cafe by chance and what a gem ! All of the food is freshly cooked to order and the ingredients are all locally sourced - meat from a local butchers, veg, fruit and salad from the market , village allotments and gardens which means that everything is amazingly fresh and delicious.
Fair trade products are also used where possible.

I am allergic to nuts and I was thrilled to discover that the cafe does not use any nuts, or nut products on the premises which means that I can choose anything from the menu ,not worry about any cross contamination and can eat with total confidence!

The cakes are delicious - it's a toss up between the carrot cake or chocolate and beet root as to which is my favourite !

• Visited June 2014

Kenilworth, United Kingdom
“Caring Staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2014

I cannot speak too highly about the staff and the food at this restaurant. My Mum, Ivy, who is 91 years old and partially sighted is able to walk to this cafe with her walker and enjoys a drink and a cake several times a week. They then walk her most of the way home making sure she doesn't have to cross the roads on her own. All of the food is home made and delicious. Really worth visiting.

• Visited June 2014
Coventry, United Kingdom
“What a gem of a place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2014

What a welcome you receive when you visit this lovely eating place. The food is so fresh and tasty with some lovely added touches. My family and I visited recently and we all thoroughly enjoyed our individual choices. An additional bonus is that they cater for those who have food intolerances and are able to offer gluten free options - how thoughtful!

The menu options ensure that there is something there for everyone and everything is cooked to order. I enjoyed one of tastiest nicest sandwiches I have had in a long time ... lovely fresh bread, tuna and home made coleslaw which was just delicious.

Lots of options for children too and lovely home made cakes for afters (or to take away).

There are some lovely 'food to go' options' which we recently sampled and again some thoughtful vegetarian options are available too.

The Good Honest Food Company deserves its 100% Excellent rating - not many eating places can claim such a high rating. They are also effectively bringing together the local community by opening their doors to local groups and publicising local news and events on their notice board.

Well done to all!

• Visited May 2014
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
“So lovely, it's become a weekly visit!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 19, 2014

I stumbled across this lovely Tea Shop as it is just round the corner from ny son's playgroup. I went along with another mum her little baby and mine.
We were greeted as we arrived and made to feel very welcome.
The Good is cooked to order and is delicious!
Since that first visit, we now go weekly and as are babies have grown, they now enjoy the toy area that's provided.
I can highly recommend the cinnamon toast and also a round of jam and toast. The jam is the nicest I have ever tasted!!
The meals to go are a great idea and I regularly buy them to keep in the freezer for days when we fancy something different!
The Good Honest Food Company isn't just a Tea Shop, it's become a good friend!!!

• Visited April 2014
“Family friendly home from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 18, 2014 via mobile

Love love love this place! I regularly take my daughter in on my day off. They make a point of getting to know you by name and my daughter is always asked what colour cup and plate she'd like - its the little things! The cakes are beautiful and the food simple and ideal for a light lunch. Extremely reasonably priced!

• Visited May 2014