“Afternoon tea - we loved all the freshly home baked foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of BabyCakes Bistro - CLOSED

BabyCakes Bistro
Cuisines: British, Pizza, Thai
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating
Description: Our menu is simple, and based on good old fashioned values. The coffee machine is a piece of history itself; up until we had it in our shop, it was in a coffee shop in Italy before being carefully driven over to the UK. The coffee that we serve is 75% Arabica bean, giving a strong intense hit but a smooth aftertaste.
Atherstone
“Afternoon tea - we loved all the freshly home baked foods”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014 via mobile

Went with a Groupon offer, took my mum and 2 sisters.
We loved the choice of drinks.
Friendly staff and service.
Me and mum don't like mustard but it wasn't a problem as our sandwiches were made to order.
The freshly baked on site bread, scones and cakes are to die for.
We will definitely be returning.

1 Thank sonianairn
BabyCakesCoffee, Manager at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thanks you for your review. We are so glad that we were able to accommodate your requirements.

We tend to make the sandwiches to order so we can offer some reasonable adaptations. But also so that our customers get that just made taste. Glad you enjoyed.

See you again soon.

Warwickshire, United Kingdom
“Afternoon Tea at BabyCakes - absolutely brilliant!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2014

I visited BabyCakes this afternoon with mum - having book this offer through Amazon vouchers I didn't know what to expect.

Wow what a surprise we had, the food/drinks were wonderful and fresh and so plentiful we couldn't eat it all. The scones are very yum yum too!

The hospitality was brilliant and the owner is very friendly. Nothing was too much trouble to make our visit to BabyCakes a pleasant one. We shall defiantly be returning for more coffee and cakes.

2 Thank Jackie BB B
BabyCakesCoffee, Owner at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for your review and feedback.

We are so happy to read that we ticked all the boxes and that we made you feel welcome. We really do like all our customers to feel welcome, we seem to have have achieved that, yay.

We try our utmost to ensure we provide the best quality offering for all our afternoon teas, we bakes almost all our pies tarts and bread onsite, so I am glad you enjoyed.

See you again soon.
West Midlands, England, United Kingdom
“Hidden gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

Been here twice!
The first time was for afternoon tea which I found on Groupon. It was so tasty and fresh with homemade cakes, bread, and scones! It was delicious!! So we went back for Thai Friday night. The food was lovely and fresh, and a wonderful way to get into loving Thai food. It is cooked on sight by a Thai lady, who offers on the menu specials from the area she is from!

An out the way location, lovely and brilliant customer service, RECOMMEND!!

1 Thank 262Amy
Thank you so much for your feedback, we really enjoy reading reviews, and we are glad that we scored as high as possible. So glad you enjoyed not only our afternoon tea offering but also our amazingly fresh Thai food menu. We hope to see you again soon.
UK
“FABULOUS!! We will return :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2014 via mobile

Me, my sister, mum and grandma visited Babycakes for afternoon tea. As we walked in, we were greeted with a very warm welcome and friendly smiles :)..

They were very accommodating and definitely knew a lot about cakes and what to recommend to us.

I tried my first scone too, which was delicious! I am now a scone lover!

Our afternoon tea was perfect, the sandwich choices were chicken and spicy mayo, egg and cress, ham and mustard and cream cheese.. The drinks were lovely too!

I am now arranging when we can next visit! I can't wait to go again. I have already recommended to all of my family and friends!

3 Thank Michelle A
Thank you for your review, we do appreciate you taking the time.

We are also so proud that you choose BabyCakes as your first scone trial and glad that it went well.

We look forward to seeing you and your friends and family again soon. and that you will enjoy all that we have to offer, scone optional :-)
“A Very Pleasant Surprise!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2014

Visited Babycakes this morning after taking a look at TripAdvisor. As others have said, my first piece of advice is not to be put off by the location - it is perhaps not the most obvious position for a cafe serving great coffee and homemade artisan breads, but I think it adds to the surprise! The availability of gluten free products was a particular draw for us and my husband was pleased to be able to have a sausage and tasty toast with his, very reasonably priced, breakfast. It seems that the owner genuinely loves what he is doing and will take time to engage with his customers - not something you experience in corporate coffee shops. Most people will need to make a special journey to visit, but I think it might be worth it if you have the time.

• Visited July 2014
Thank you for the review and feedback. We are so glad that you enjoyed our gluten free bread, that we bake on site. Our location gives us some benefits like surprising our customers when they come in... but agreed we should be in a town centre or the grounds of a castle and as soon as we can I'm sure you will see BabyCakes in more locations that are suited to our offering.