“Delicious at this friendly independent cafe.”
Review of BabyCakes Bistro - CLOSED

BabyCakes Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our menu is simple, and based on good old fashioned values. The coffee machine is a piece of history itself; up until we had it in our shop, it was in a coffee shop in Italy before being carefully driven over to the UK. The coffee that we serve is 75% Arabica bean, giving a strong intense hit but a smooth aftertaste.
Reviewed July 6, 2014

I went to this café for lunch with my cousin and my sister. We were greeted by extremely friendly staff who were happy to answer our questions about the menu and to suggest things we might like to try. My sister and cousin had the Spaghetti a la Jenny (named after the owner's mum) and the vegi-burger with chips. Both of them said they were really tasty - and I can vouch for the chips and pasta sauce being really good as I stole a taste of both for review purposes ;-)

I had the chicken & pesto salad and it was one of the tastiest salads I've ever had. I also brought away an Eton Mess cupcake and a slice of pecan pie to share with my husband. They were both delicious and I was even given a little pot of cream for the pecan pie.

We will definitely be going back soon to try the breakfast and the Thai night (Fridays). The afternoon teas looked really good too....I may also order some bread....and some cakes as this isn't too far from where I work and is well worth the detour.

BabyCakesCoffee, Owner at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We always love to hear back from our customers. So glad that 'Spaghetti a la Jenny' was well received my mum is proud to have the dish named after her. The veggie burger and chicken pesto salad are all made to order and we feel this really helps with the flavours. We work hard on our salads, and they can be adapted to your dietary requirements. The Eton Mess cupcake, is one of our most popular so we are happy your enjoyed it. From a pie perspective pecan pie is also popular, as we use an old American recipe. We hope to see you soon, thank you for your feedback.

There are newer reviews for BabyCakes Bistro

Reviewed July 5, 2014

Never heard of this place before and booked afternoon tea through amazon local,when we got there I was surprised on how good it is and they cater for all diets,the tea was good,will be going back to try the other food on offer,all homemade and the staff are very friendly made us feel at home,can't wait to back, already recommend the place to my friends

BabyCakesCoffee, Manager at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thank you for your lovely review. Glad that you enjoyed our Afternoon Tea offer. We do offer special diets afternoon teas as you mentioned for gluten free, sugar free, dairy free, vegan vegetarian and egg free customers. Hope to see you again, and that you bring some of your friends with you.

Reviewed July 5, 2014

My friend took me there for a quick cup of coffee. Well we end up siting there for almost one hour, with lovely cup of cappuccino and tasty chocolate cupcakes. It's my friend favorite place to go, because they got a per treats!!!

BabyCakesCoffee, Owner at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Thanks for the review. We are glad that you enjoyed our fresh Italian Coffee (Cappuccino), and that your friend likes the pet treats... they are yummy. Our chocolate cupcakes are always a winner. Thanks for the great comments. We appreciate it. See you again soon.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

Me and my husband visited today for Afternoon Tea and OMG it was totally delicious!! As soon as we arrived the owner Donavon was very friendly and so helpful. He explained the menu to us and told us we could change any of the sandwiches if we wanted to, we decided to go with what was on the menu. When they arrived there was plenty of them, and the selection was lovely and all on homemade bread. After that we had a very large warm homemade scone, with clotted cream and jam, and it was by far one of the nicest scones I have ever eaten. Next we had a choice of cake, we both went with the South African Milk Tart as the way Donavon described it, it just sounded amazing and it did not disappoint, it was amazing!!
This is a lovely, friendly and totally relaxed little gem, the food is just out of this world and we can't wait to go back next Friday for Thai night.
It was nice to hear an owner of somewhere talk so passionately about what they do and nothing is to much trouble. We came away with a loaf of Drewpy Bread and a jar of homemade chutney, looking forward to tucking into them!!!

As always we love reviews and feedback. Thank you for taking the time for writing yours. I am so glad that you loved the Milk Tart. It is a speciality and glad that you thought it was delicious. Our afternoon tea offering is one we are really proud of and we are glad that you concur. We would love to host you on one of our Thai nights. Dang our Thai chef loves to cook and will prepare fresh Thai food made to your taste.

Once again thanks for the review, see you soon.

Reviewed July 2, 2014

What a lovely surprise my friends and I thought we knew all the best coffee shops round Coventry but this was a real treat, the moment you get in you are warmly welcomed the music was great , cheerful , but then the food , wow we had an afternoon tea all home made and great quality the scones we all agreed were the best we have ever tasted and we have tasted a lot . We will be back .

BabyCakesCoffee, Owner at BabyCakes Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

Thank you so much for the great review. We were so heart warmed to read it. I am so glad that you loved the scones and afternoon tea. We hope to see you again, soon. Amazing feedback like this has helped us to become better at what we do... Thanks from BabyCakes.