“Midweek treat ??”

Dining options: Reservations
Coventry
“Midweek treat ??”
Reviewed December 3, 2013

Thought we'd have a meal and drink there ,before the excellent quiz,on a Wednesday.... The disadvantages of paying for a meal (at least half an hour)before you get it put us off ,and discouraged us ,and we didn't leave a tip. My husband had a pork chop that was either very underdone, or just tough meat and he mentioned this to the waitress .Because it was already paid for,, the only alternative offered was a "free" dessert for him, which he declined (NOTE :One dessert does not cost the same as a main course).Our meals were average...nothing special, though I liked the offer of "half and half ",..half rice and half chips , with our sweet and sour chicken .We were prohibited from drinking Budweiser from a bottle,so the 2nd drink was a draught beer.Don't think we'll be returning soon(for food) ....Quite disappointed,and came 7th out of 10 in the quiz.......

• Visited November 2013
2 Thank Lel99

Nuneaton, United Kingdom
“Try it for yourself”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

Have been a few times before and could not understand previous poor reviews. Called yesterday lunchtime, car park very busy, as was inside although tables available. On ordering food we were advised there was a wait of 30 minutes, food arrived within 20 minutes.

Inside of this establishment is spotless, staff friendly and efficient. Extensive menu plus specials, all very reasonably priced. You would not go for fine dining but this it not the market for the pub.

Good selection of well kept.beers. Two pints = £5.10, hardly overpriced.!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank MenorcaMike
Coventry, United Kingdom
“wrestling with flies”
Reviewed August 17, 2013

Meal was atrocious. I could of got better for £3. Drinks very overpriced for something that is supposed to be alcoholic. Also try constantly to save the dreadful meal from constant flies.
I will never go there again for food or drink. It needs a visit from a health inspector. :-(

• Visited August 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Dreadfull”
Reviewed August 14, 2013 via mobile

Food worst ever if you want to divert from the menu. On the wall outside is a big sign saying home cooked food, is it when being a Coeliac I asked what I could eat, response no that sauce comes in, ooh wheat is in it. Curry, no sauce comes in, after an age of lovely barstaff running back to the Chef, The Temp Chef came out and said oh we have a jar of gluten free gravy, so happy I ordered the roast dinner. Omg out it came with I believe a boiled piece of chicken, 2 boiled potatoes, and 2 sort of roast potatoes, small portion of boiled cabbage and hard frozen peas, just dreadful, well I tried to eat it, as in company, gave up on the boiled chicken, and to top it all, when got home had to use the bathroom pretty quick, which made me think the 2 dried roast, potatoes may have been frozen home made!! With wheat flour, so will not be visiting again unless just for a drink, I
Or to talk to the very pleasant bar staff...

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Sandra H
England
“Never Judge a Book by i'ts Cover!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013

Driving back from North Wales on the M6 and wanting a comfort break and some food, we turned off towards Coventry. Along the Rugby Road at a place called Binley Woods we came across a large pub on the left hand side of the road. There were quite a load of cars outside so I thought there should be something good inside. The wife didn't like the look of the place from the outside, it could do with a bit a tarting up. Nevertheless my need was so great , we stopped and went in. I'm so glad we did. We were met with a great big smile and welcome from the bar staff and looking around saw that this was the place to eat. Apart from the extensive menu there was a specials board with some marvellous offers. We settled on a sandwich for the wife and jacket potato and chilli for me. Wife had coffee, me a pint of well kept ale. The food was fresh, cheap and filling. Looking around at the other peoples meals I wish we had ordered a dinner because the food looked delicious and lots of it. I will certainly turn off the M6 again!

• Visited June 2013