“Really quite good.”

The Artisan Bar & Grill
Ranked #16 of 585 Restaurants in Coventry
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Set in the surroundings of a Grade 2 listed building, on the doorstep of the Belgrade Plaza, the former Watchmakers is a perfect place to eat, drink and relax with friends and family complimented by wooden beams, contemporary decor and open fires. Our bar offers an extensive range of drinks, from continental beers and a detailed wine list, to classic cocktails. We provide a good quality, home cooked, affordable menu. We welcome families and a Children’s menu is available. Whether it is casual dining, relaxed drinks or that special wedding or party event, we will happily cater for all your needs.The Artisan Bar & Grill is home to The Artisan Restaurant, a dining experience not to be missed. Occupying the top floor of the building, the restaurant has been entirely refurbished reflecting the informal but quality ethos that The Artisan stands for. Making the most of the finest locally produced ingreidents, our chef has put together a menu of fusion cuisine bringing our customers the best quality dining at a reasonable price.
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Firstly, the food was excellent. That's always number One for me. I was a little concerned by all the rave reviews as experience has shown that people are easily impressed. This time however, I think that they are largely merited.
The two waitresses were sweet and sincere and this made up for any shortcomings in service. The glassware needed a polish and the hand-written drinks menu had certain charm.
The food and wine were both truly memorable. I had the soufflé, the Malaysian Pork, and the banana tarte Tatin. All highly recommended. The other members of our party were likewise impressed. We also enjoyed the house Merlot, which a £12 a bottle was a real bargain.
The menu is limited but if you want good food at a good price then you should try this place.

There are newer reviews for The Artisan Bar & Grill

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Went here for the first time today after reading reviews, with my mum, partner and 3 year old daughter. They offer a sunday lunch menu, which is £10 for 2 courses, or £12.95 for three. We all had two courses, having the lovely roast beef for main, and the crème brulee, cheesecake and cheese and biscuits for desert - all were really tasty. As it was a bit early for my daughter to eat dinner, I asked if they would just do her a bowl of chips so she could eat with us and this wasnt a problem at all (they do also offer a mini roast dinner if you want something more substantial) I have to add that the chips were delicious - home-made, and the best Ive tasted in a long time! It was pretty quiet, however the waiting staff (who were lovely) were a little on the slow side. I was also disappointed that they had no mint sauce (though lamb wasn't on the menu so maybe this was why, however I love it on most roast dinners!). For 3 two course meals, 3 pints of cider, chips and a glass of squash the bill came to just over £41 - excellent value for money, and will be returning very soon! Highly recommend!

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Have now eaten at the Artisan three times and have not been disappointed. The food has been cooked to perfection each time. I have enjoyed the belly pork served with pak choi and apple and also the rump steak served with roasted vine tomatoes. The menu is small but is changed on a regular basis. Post meal the bar has a lively atmosphere in which to enjoy a drink with wine at £10 a bottle and reasonably priced beers. Will certainly visit again and again.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Having been accustomed to nothing more than bog standard expiriences when visiting establishments around coventry for food and drinks my expectations for this new venue weren't exactly high, well I couldn't have been more wrong!

Attended the restaurant for food and drinks on a Sunday for the 2 courses for £9.99 offer. When arrived was greeted at the bar by a very polite and charismatic young man, I was then showed to my table by an equally polite young girl. Throughout my stay the young waitresses were outstanding, demonstrating a level of service and expirience beyond there years. The food too, was excellent, I had beef, whilst my wife had pork for main course. Both meals were cooked to perfection.

For desert we had a cheeseboard and a Praline cheesecake, the cheeseboard was good, but the cheesecake was excellent. Very tasty indeed.

All of this for a modest £9.99

Due to this very good expirience we now regularly visit this establishment for food and also for drinks, with a very warming bar atmosphere, friendly staff, and always some form of entertainment on over the weekend.

Bravo for giving the city such a classy bar and eatery!

Reviewed July 15, 2013

Lovely friendly bar with reaonably priced drinks. Also had lunch here with work colleagues and all received outstanding meals. Looking forward to visiting one evening to see the live bands that play here.