“Staff went over and above”

Cafe Rouge - Coventry
Ranked #24 of 568 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Situated in Coventry's Belgrade Plaza, this lovely Café Rouge is the ideal spot for something to eat before or after a visit to the Belgrade Theatre, or simply just to meet friends or unwind over a glass of your favourite. With a fantastic menu filled with delicious innovative takes on the classics and dishes inspired by different regions of France, there's something to suit everyone.
“Staff went over and above”
Reviewed December 14, 2013 via mobile

Had meal after going to the adult pantomime at the Belgrade. The meal was great as I always find it, my husband always decides on the French onion soup before we even get there! The one big difference was from other eating places (on this occasion )was the extra mile the staff were willing to go. When we were having coffee at the end of meal suddenly had a fancy for a chocolate with coffee. Asked if by any chance they had any waitress said can't promise but will try. Shortly came back with two chocolates each, very much appreciated, it's little things like this which will ensure we will return

Visited December 2013

Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Still fantastic - review of the Christmas Menu”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

I have been to this Cafe Rouge many times. This is the first time I tried the set Christmas Menu so I thought I would review it and I have to say it was lovely as expected. The staff are always fantastic here and are welcoming as soon as you walk in (served by Shawkat today, another excellent member of staff). I arrived at 5.30pm and it was luckily not busy so the atmosphere was relaxed. The set menu is really clear. I received a starter, main and dessert for £20. The portion sizes were great so I think it is great value for money. The main thing is the food was delicious and the fish I ordered was cooked perfectly. The timing of the service was also excellent in between courses. Overall, another brilliant visit!

• Visited December 2013
Coventry
“Lovely surroundings and good food”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I took my mother to have an early evening meal on Sunday 24.11.13. There was a good atmosphere - not overly busy at 6.00 pm. The Cafe Rouge menu is not extensive but caters for most tastes. My husband opted - as usual - for a steak and was not disappointed. I had salmon fish cakes and frites, served very hot and tasty. My mother's dish was a Breton Chicken dish - mash with chicken in white wine and courgette/leek sauce. We didn't stay for dessert on this occasion but would happily go back. The service was good - my mother's dish was mis-ordered by the waitress and the cost of it was deducted from the bill! My mother loved the meal she had so didn't mind at all!

• Visited November 2013
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Very good!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013 via mobile

Visited around 4.30 pm after the theatre. Service was fantastic and the waitress who served us was an absolute credit to the restaurant. They offer a very good 3 course set menu for £20 which I thought was great value. All the food was cooked well but I agree with other reviewers that there could be more garnish with the steak meals.We used Tesco vouchers which made it even better value for money. Also received a voucher for 40% off in January so will definitely be returning!

Visited November 2013
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“Overpriced Child sized portions”
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Nice relaxed atmosphere, but overpriced, extremely small portions. I ordered a minute steak and my husband ordered a rib eye steak, my steak was a big a sausage the salad with what looked like cress, and my husbands steak looked like 6oz. The small portion of chips looked like they had come from MacDonald's for £11.25 for mine and £17.00 for Rib Eye, felt like robbery!

• Visited November 2013