Tripadvisor

Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Wouldn’t go back!

The place itself is a bit drab, and it just feels unclean. There are stains of gravy and food all over the walls. There were used tissues stuffed inside bits of broken off wooden bannister.
The toilets were awful and very unclean.

Pepsi machine broken, it had only a few choices.

The food was sort of okay.

1  Thank iIsometimestravel13
GeneralManagerAA, Owner at Toby Carvery, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Iisometimestravel13, it's upsetting to hear that you did not receive the top-notch service we strive to provide.

Write a reviewReviews (632)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We come here often, never had a bad experience, love the food, and even better if Pauline is serving!

Date of visit: January 2020

Hi Eleanorkgb, thank you so much for your positive comments about Toby Carvery Binley Park Coven!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

It’s a Toby cavery,,, same old , same old every where you go. ,,, BUT ,,, No.
Took my daughter with me yesterday and NEVER AGAIN,,, it’s filthy,,, I cannot believe some people on here return for more,,,,. Yes it’s as cheap as chips maybe even cheaper but this not excuse filth.
No carver behind the filthy greasy counter , we waited until the waitress spotted us and shouted upto the bar area fish monger style,,,CHLOE ,, CLO, CLO ,,, can she get a carver,,, soon after a young guy strolls out and apologies for the delay,,,, as I was thinking and wondering what job satisfaction this poor lad was getting as there seems to be no training or cleaning rota. All the surfaces were covered in scraps of food and where it had been wiped you could see all the half cleaned wipe marks. The rack part of the display hasn’t been cleaned or degreased for along time judging by the build up of grime.
The meal wasn’t a disaster, the meat was ok , the peas were lovely and fresh but the rest was adverse.
Before leaving I popped to the loo Which was an eye opener as obviously there hadn’t been a cleaning check done for several hours. Used loo roll on the floor with the toilet blocked as someone must have had a tad to much turkey. On leaving I wanted to make the staff aware of the state of the toilets ,,, BUT,,, the lady waiting by the bar who saw me coming out of the loo and walk towards her turned on her heel and walked away.
This was enough for me and I did the same thing as I was thinking if they don’t care why should I.
Never again, as mentioned it’s a cheap lunch but I would have been mortified if I brought people here for a meal.’
Surely an area manager has some say on the business of making money and can see this is not the way forward for so many reasons.
Guys get your act together‍♂️

Date of visit: January 2020

22817taj-9, we regret to hear that you had a negative experience with us, but would appreciate the chance to turn your experience around.

Reviewed January 17, 2020

Reserved table for 7 of us for a birthday treat the tables not put together.
No one came to us to order drinks or food I had to go and ask.
Went to get Carvery waited 20 minutes for gravy at the hot counter it was a joke.
Beef was really fatty and had gristle through it. Brother in law had a Luke warm sandwich with Luke warm roast potatoes and a dry rock hard cold Yorkshire pudding.
We complained to chloe she went to get a manager after about 15 mins a manager appeared moaning it was his day off. He said he was going to investigate it and come back to us , never did , never seen him again waited 20 minutes. You can’t run a business like that. It’s gone downhill since I went about 2 years ago. The pub isn’t very clean either.
We thought we would have a change from The Walsgrave but from now on we will go the Walsgrave pub. They could learn a thing or seven off The Walsgrave.
Thanks for ruining my daughter in law’s birthday.

1  Thank joannet1232015
Reviewed January 8, 2020

Had a lovely breakfast plenty to choice from and also had tea and coffee. The staff where very friendly and helpful.