“Inattentive staff, mess up orders. Will not return.”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Sovrano Caffe

Sovrano Caffe
Ranked #102 of 570 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Coventry, United Kingdom
“Inattentive staff, mess up orders. Will not return.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

Staff are poorly trained, do not understand food allergies or vegetarians.
Was given a ham panini when ordered a vegetable panini, when I asked the waitress to come back, she insisted that I had ordered a ham panini and I said no because I told you beforehand that I was vegetarian. She then asked me if I wanted the ham panini anyway when I said I didn't want them to make it again then I left. Agree with other review about mobile phone usage amongst staff.
I have been here previously and did enjoy the food but service is not good and after today's experience I am so disappointed, disheartened that I shall not be return. It is a shame as it was a nice to go to a restaurant in coventry that was not a chain.

3 Thank Veggiecov1

• Polish first
“Staff are Lovely”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

this place is such a lovely place I was there yesterday and the staff was so nice explained to me how I order that it's table service and the food was yummy! Will be back more often! :)

“Rude staff”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2014

Long wait before being acknowledged and also for food after ordered. When the meals were brought over they were served the wrong way round, we had to swap over ourselves and no apology. Panninis we too well done on the verge of being burnt. The waitress at the till was most rude with an aggressive manner. She asked if everything had been okay which led me to answer no. When I explained why there was no apology. She was more interested in trying to prove that we were to blame. Shall never go back and would not recommend to anyone.

3 Thank MeJulie66-11
“Unprofessional”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2014

I went to this cafe as I saw it was recommended on tripadvisor, when I walked it with my partner I didn't have a chance to say hello as someone told me to sit upstairs which I found a bit rude. Anyway, we sat down and ordered some pasta and a baguette. We got our food but the baguette was burnt and pasta was dry, we didn't complain and try to eat as much as we could. When it came to paying our bill, we wanted to pay seperetaly but the same girl who shouted at us said it had to be over 10 pounds. A minute later she said it can be under 10 pounds but she will charge us 50 extra pence. Which is fine but why not say it straight away? We ended up paying whole bill on one card but we weren't impressed as when we was talking she was shouting something to a man behind a counter in a different language.
Overall, staff was nice, food wasn't great but not terrible but don't think I would go back again.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank liverpoollove2014
“So Good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2014

A Proper Independent Italian Cafe..
Short menu but food freshly cooked and very good value for money .
Excellent Coffee.
Staff friendly and well trained.
Nice ambience.