“fun skating”

453 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 653 helpful votes
“fun skating”
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We went on a Monday in term time and it was really quiet. We went for an ice tots session which was exceptionally good value for money as it included toys on the rink for the small children to play with. There was also someone there who took the time to try to help my daughter learn some of the very basics just to get her balance. The penguin we used was a bit difficult to push around the ice but we had a fun session.

Coventry, United Kingdom
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ice skating”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

If I ever want to do something other than eating out or going to the cinema, me and my friends visit Planet Ice, it's so fun and it's a great way to exercise. We do sometimes get sore bottoms but that is part of the fun!

Visited August 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“good ice skating venue”
Reviewed February 23, 2014

it's a full sized ice hockey rink so there's lots of space. there's plenty of seats for non-skaters, food available, skates available to hire and not too expensive (for a family it may be)
can skate for as long as you want, but sometimes they do close off part of the ice for hockey practise. When it's busy it can be a little frustrating but it won't ruin the day as there's lots of room
look out for the talented skaters - they tend to "show off" their moves in the middle!

5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“RIP OFF”
Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

Arrived approx 4:40 , even though there was one person in front and 2 staff on the ticket office we didn't get seen until 4:55. Annoying!! Staff seemed deliberately slow and in their own world and conversations. Not the best first impression. We went as a group of 6 (3 adults & 3 children) I was appauled when for my daughter and I alone the price came to £26!!!!!! Shocking! But don't worry because that price included skate hire, Until you see the skates my child was given then you'd worry! I asked for a replacement pair as they looked around 90 years old and very unsafe! The laces looked thread bare and I was shocked. The lad behind the counter said 'they'd be fine' and smirked! Really annoyed by this time. Anyway we get onto the ice and we crawl along the barrier until its clear and I attempt to take a picture to which I'm told by a mardy teenager wearing a high bid waist jacket phones sent permitted on the ice, I apologise and smile but he skates off with his arms crossed! Can I make a suggestion that if that's true can planet ice please make this rule more visable as I saw no signs. Also if the rink is going to have a third coned off half way through public sessions can it be made known to the laying public this is going to happen ? As we're not mind readers and if a learner skater drifts into this area by mistake they do not appreciate being told abruptly to 'move out the way it's for paid lessons'. Towards the end of the session there was a group of kids racing from one end of the rink to the other like maniacs , with penguins , one boy went so fast and had to dart out the way of my daughter which unbalanced her and she fell down!! Where was Mr high vid waist coat then??? None of the children seemed to be with adults either?
Not impressed. Go Solihull.

4 Thank Joleen86
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Go here all the time!”
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Great place to go skating. I went to the Christmas show this year and that was very enjoyable. Last year I also did lessons and that was a really enjoyable experience as well!

Visited December 2013