“Not like most Harvesters”

The Harvester Skydome Coventry
Ranked #294 of 599 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Harvester Skydome CoventryAt Harvester Skydome Coventry in Coventry food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Coventry, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Chapelfields, Bishopsgate Green and Whitley Village, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Reviewed March 29, 2013

Service was ok
But waited 15 mintutes between courses

And it was not the normal Harvester quality

Starters where average

Salad bar ingrediants where sitting in fluid.
everything needed to be refreshed and drained

Main course was over cooked, dry and flavourless
(BBQ ribs and chicken breast smothered in BBQ sauce)
Not
Ribs where dry
Chicken breast was stringy and chewy
And a small pot of BBQ sauce

So glad i wont go to this one again

And i wonder if Harvester are taking notice of these comments

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Arrived on spec early Friday evening. Waited at the front desk for 10 minutes - no-one attended to us. I went to the bar area to ask about the wait for a table (the restaurant was busy but by no means full!). Every single member of staff avoided eye contact - not one of them offered to help. I have worked in the hospitality industry for over 20 years and have always trained staff to make eye contact to acknowledge that you are aware the customer is waiting. We walked out after 15 minutes and went elsewhere. We often eat at Harvesters as we find the food very good value for money. We will not be returning to this Harvester and will advise friends to avoid it too!

Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I was a massive fan of the harvester and decided to go for my birthday meal here one sunday with extended family, there was around 9 of us, I'd say the service was rubbish but we hardly got any, it was not that busy yet we had to hunt down our waiter for any attention, the food was also a disaster, i had what i normally ordered for main but it was not like my previous visits, we ordered starters to share and they were also disgusting, the nachos were not edible they were covered in an orange strange tasting goo like cheese! The deserts came out melted!
After this we mad a complaint ( early november) and heard back around mid december with a 30 pound free spend voucher, me and my boyfriend took the voucher with us one saturday lunch, the food was better but not great when we presented the voucher to the waitress at the end of the meal we were given a dirty look an she ran off to a lady, who must be the manager, they pointed at us and talked dor a while an didn't look happy, the waitress then came back and replied 'yeah that's fine' in the most miserable way possible! Why give a voucher out if your staff are going to look at you like scum for using it?
NEVER AGAIN!

Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I used to love Harvester. Then I realised that in recent times, their service and quality has dramatically decreased whilst their prices have in increased.
Despite eating here before and being dissatisfied, I decided to give it the benefit of the doubt and went again last night. We walked in and witnessed the bar and waiting staff leaning against the bar talking, a few looked at us and carried on. The restaurant was empty, yet it still took about 10 minutes, maybe just under, for one to tear themselves away from their conversation to show us to our table.

We waited a good 15 minutes before our assigned waitress took an order just for our drinks, by which time we had also decided what we wanted to eat.

30 minutes later, the food came out, cold and wrong. Steak was well done, despite asking for it to be rare. And the jacket potato was rock solid. They also forgot the mushrooms I ordered as an extra. I notified one of the waiters who was clearly more interested in the group of young girls on another table than he was in assisting me on their mistake/ inability to get an order right. Eventually, the mushrooms arrived, 25 minutes after my meal came out. which is just rediculous. I hardly touched my meal and this was noted by the waitress who came and clears our still half full plates, I was too tired to make a complaint.
We then waited a further 20 minutes for anyone to notice we had the credit card on the bill dish ready to pay.
Overall, the staff are rude, the managers haven't a clue how to run a restaurant. The food is poor quality, over cooked and way over priced for the cheaply produced crap they serve.
Will never set foot in another harvester chain, even if they paid me to.

Reviewed January 13, 2013

I love Harvester but my experience here was an absolute sham. I would not even rate it 1 star if that was an option!

When we arrived, the restaurant was empty apart from a table of 6 and a table of 2. We waited 10 minutes to be seated but no member of staff came to us so we seated ourselves down as we were bored of waiting. This led to us being rudely shouted at by a member of staff who told us to move and wait to be seated. I explained that we had been waiting for 10 minutes despite the restaurant being empty. He did not apologize but got us seated immediately.

There was a group of 8 of us. We were seated at a four seater table, with two two seaters either side. The member of staff made no attempt to put the tables together for us or ask us if we needed help moving the tables. He made us do it ourselves which I thought was appalling.

After ordering, our meals took 45 minutes to arrive despite the restaurant being empty. One of our side orders did not arrive so we asked a member of staff where it was. She said she would go and collect it, but she never returned.

I went to refill my coke at the refillable machine but it was flat. I informed a member of staff who said it was just about to be changed and to return in 5 minutes. I returned in 15 minutes but the coke was still flat. I paid for a refillable drink that could not be refilled.

Upon receiving our bill, we discovered that the side order that we had not received was on it. We informed a member of staff and they were very reluctant to remove it from the bill, but eventually did so.

The quality of the food was good but the service was so poor that I will not return to this Harvester again. If you're looking for a Harvester, head to Styvechale or Allesley as they are much better quality.