“it is what it is...”

Ranked #262 of 582 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Welcome to Harvester Skydome CoventryAt Harvester Skydome Coventry in Coventry food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.About our Harvester restaurantIf you're looking for a family friendly restaurant in Coventry, there's nowhere more popular than Harvester. Close to Chapelfields, Bishopsgate Green and Whitley Village, our restaurant is a great choice for anyone who loves tasty grills, indulgent desserts and eating out in a friendly, relaxed atmosphere. Plus we've loads of choices for young guests.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“it is what it is...”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

...and that aint great.A fairly bog standard. average food (burgers, ribs, chicken, ordinary sides). Staff are friendly enough, but the place needs a proper chef!

• Visited September 2012

Coventry, United Kingdom
“all you can eat salad bar”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The all you can eat salad bar comes with the meal. When you have a child with you, it's nice because they can start eating immediately & have a choice of what they want. Food is good too.

Visited May 2012
Coventry
“Excellent again”
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Ate here on a busy Saturday evening with three family members, we were served quickly by a very pleasant waiter who we shared a joke or two with and was happy to talk to us.

Food was hot and plentiful, salad bar was good and the bread rolls are always good.

I do enjoy eating here, it is really good for a chain restaurant.

• Visited July 2012
“Poor”
Reviewed June 14, 2012

CUSTOMER BILL:20787/00043
Where to begin.... I went to the Harvester Skydome Coventry on 8/6/2012. I went there with my daughter age 2 1/2 years and 2 close friends at approx 15:00. I have been to various other Harvester restaurants and always enjoyed the food and service....until now! On entering the restaurant a guy came straight over to sit us at our table, noticing we were with a child he offered us a booth, that was good. He took our drinks order promptly but took another 10ish minutes to return with our drinks and got my daughters drink wrong (chocolate milkshake instead of banana) never mind I thought, however it was served in a glass rather than plastic cup usually supplied for children. Then we ordered our food with a different waitress (1 mixed grill, 1 EB combo, 1 sausage small child's meal and I ordered the rib eye steak) we were then told to visit the salad bar. The salad bar was good, clean, neat and inviting! Another 30ish minutes passed before our food arrived. Now here is where is my complaint begins....1: The rib eye steak I ordered was more fat than meat, the peas accompanying it were dry and hard, the chips were cold, the mixed grill which included a fried egg was over cooked and the meat tough and chewy, the combo supposedly for 2 to share contained only 3 chicken wings-how do 2 people fairly share 3 chicken wings??? The child's meal plate did not fit on the high chair supplied so it kept slipping around on the high chair. We finished our below par meal and awaited our plates to be cleared....another 15ish minutes....bearing in mind that the restaurant was empty! The waitress came to clear our table and said "everything ok with your meal?" I said "no not really, my steak was extremely fatty and pointed to the fat left on plate, my daughters plate doesn't fit her high chair table either" the waitress replied "oooh that is a bit strange" I said "why give a child's plate that doesn't fit" she said " i don't know" and giggled nervously. Then she walked away. We sat in the booth for another 10 mins before I got up to find a member of staff to give us the bill....couldn't find anyone, so I waited at the bar until the barman came over and I asked to pay the bill. After paying I was given the receipt which asks customers to go on the Harvester website and give their opinion...can't be done as it says there is an error with website "Sorry to see you are having difficulties getting into our survey. Please provide your contact information as well as a brief description as to what the problem is that you are having. We will get back to you as soon as we are able" Unacceptable. Hence now I'm forwarding this review to Harvester to respond. I await their response!!!!

• Visited June 2012
“Bricks for bread rolls”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

Went to the Skydome Harvester 17th April for lunch with my daughter in law. This is the first time I have been to a Harvester for years. Great location next to the Odeon cinema. It was quite busy as it is the school holidays, mixed diners, families, pensioners, teens etc. We were seated quite promptly, and waiter gave us right amount of time to peruse the menu. I had a lovely non alcholic Summer Breeze and my daughter in law ordered the Tropical Smoothie, both were delicious. We helped ourselves to the plentiful salad bar, love the pineapple amd dried fruit, Harvester win with such a varied salad bar. I reached up to the basket for a brown bread roll, dear oh dear if it had been rectangular it could have used as a brick, I put it on my plate and banged it on the table when the waiter arrived with our sharing plate of Nachos, his comment, I was not the first to complain, the white rolls were softer and edible, to be fair the basket of brown rolls was replenished eventually. The Nachos were a winner, a huge plate of Nachos, plenty of Jalepeno chillies, guacamole and sour cream. I was not impressed when our waiter (or server as they seem to be called now) tried to take the plate away before I had finished, a stern no from me and then we did laugh with him about . However my original combo and daughter in laws combo riblets were a bit of a disaster, so much plate, and I thought the chicken leg was off a sparrow it was so small. our ribs were lovely, fries could have been a cooked a little longer ( a bit limp). Will I go back yes but only for the salad bar and nachos.

• Visited April 2012