“Salad Bar is really fresh”
Review of The Elms Harvester

The Elms Harvester
Ranked #146 of 594 Restaurants in Coventry
Cuisines: Steakhouse, British, Grill
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: At The Elms Harvester in Coventry food is fresh, full of flavour and just how you like it. Choose your tasty grill, sauce and side at our restaurant and we'll get cooking - while you head off to the famous Harvester salad bar to grab as much crisp, freshly prepared tasty salad as you like.
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I went here as a last minute dinner with my Husband and a few friends.

The salad bar was good; had a lot of variety and was really fresh. The Starter was a good portion and seemed to be cooked freshly.

One of my friends struggled a bit with the Main Meal being vegetarian there isn’t much choice.
The pasta was tasteless and the garlic bread was as hard as a brick.
After asking the garlic bread was changed.

My main was quite good - food was warm and a good portion.

I would go again if a last minute dinner, but wouldn’t go out of my way to go here.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Elms Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2013

Thank you for giving us your feedback following your recent disappointing meal at our Restaurant.

Reviewed May 16, 2013

Dined here two nights running and there is plenty of choice on the menu to ensure something completely different each time. The value of the meals is very good, this with a 'eat as much as you like' salad should feed the hungriest people. If that doesnt do it, then order the rack of ribs - this isnt for the fainthearted. Unfortunately the beer selection is not good but the Pedigree was ok. The service is very good. This Harvester raises the bar on what is a National chain - generally unappealing to most but good value and a good standard.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Elms Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded May 18, 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your recent visit to our Restaurant.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I am very surprised to see negative reviews - I have been to the Elms on 3 occasions and have never had a bad experience. excellent value, attentive staff. I took my Nephew tonight for his 16th birthday - he has never been to a Harvester before - he and my son loved the food and we all left completely stuffed. Our waitress was fantastic - nothing was too much trouble, our phone had died - she got us a phone to use and proceeded to build up an excellent rapport with us - all I can say - is we will keep coming, keep up the good work - and thank you yet again for an excellent evening.

Harvester R, Public Relations Manager at The Elms Harvester, responded to this reviewResponded May 11, 2013

Reviewed May 10, 2013

I'm not going to eat if they can't be bothered to stock decent beer! Keg beer is for lazy landlords that can't be bothered. If they can'r bothered with the beer....what's the food going to be like!

1  Thank Stevanegg

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback following your recent visit to our Restaurant.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Having had a Christmas ruined today was the first visit since .As I drove into the car park at about 4.30 on a Bank Holiday Monday I thought maybe this was a mistake it was nearly full .
It was busy inside but the wait time was only 20 mins ,we got our drinks found a place to sit and chat soon we were called .A pleasant waiter showed us to a table leaving us with the menu ,which has a wide range of choice .
Our waitress came to take our order ,she was very pleasant and efficient .I did ask for the intrusive background to be turned down ,she said she would ask but couldn't promise that it would be !!!!It wasn't why do restaurant chains think that paying guest should have to listen to their choice of music????
We went to the salad bar which was fresh and appealing ,though the butter was not easy to find !!We had time to enjoy our salad ,our main courses arrived the gammon was perfectly cooked not dry or salty ,the egg was very tasty .Our waitress came to check that everything was alright with our meals .
.My friend who hasn't eaten here for many years was very pleasantly surprised as how good our visit was ,and after my last visit so was I .
The staff were friendly and all seemed happy ,I spoke to the manageress to say how pleasantly surprised I was after my previous visit .